Monday, May 28, 2012

Can of worms?

Readers will know I experienced a lot of abuse growing up.   Many years ago, I did a checklist with a therapist and ended up saying "yes" to everything on the list (except sexual abuse).  It was a complete eye-opener.

So, I was abused.  Then I had to deal with that.  I was abused.  How do I get over, having being abused?

In my case, I wrote a book.  Mostly poetry, with some autobiography, where I dragged out all the pain, raw and screaming, and put it down on the page.  It wasn't all pain, though.

I told Ron, this morning "It's bipolar".  It has a lot of happy stuff too.

Why am I talking about a book I wrote 12 years ago?  It just went live on Amazon.  I am completely wired.

On the one hand, I'd love to put something up on my Facebook (and my Facebook name is not the same as the name I used for the book, as I've married and use his name now); HOWEVER, the parties in question are now "Facebook" friends and that could get very messy, very fast.  I elected to post a link in a few "Secret" groups.

It was ironic, actually.  I was so angry about having been abused.  Finally accepted it.  Moved on.  Asked God to help me forgive them.  Did forgive them, sent them an email... and then they started apologizing.

I had a hard time getting them to stop, actually, and "we're all good now".  I really just feel sorry for them, but posting this on FB would just bring up "Bad Times", and they're old to boot.

I had gotten an email from my publisher, saying it had been converted to Ebook, and I should google myself.  I did and the Amazon link popped.  Imagine my shock when I saw they had it in paperback, and Kindle.

Of course I had to buy the Kindle version; in addition to being "mine" it's only $4.  I just checked out my Kindle version.  It's has some funky page alignments, but the linked table of contents and all look great.

If you're interested, here's the link:
Discoveries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Looks great... what a wonderful accomplishment.