Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not a Good Day Out

Allen, you have some great ideas!  I've been catching up with the garden, lately.

Yesterday was very, very, funny.  I woke up with a horrible headache.  I almost vomited, it was so bad.  I took my generic "Headache Relief Tablets"  and tried to go back to bed.  The caffeine in the pills ensured I wouldn't get any sleep.

I took my shower, and wondered if I would see any rain today.  I did my God Time, took some more headache pills (4 hours after the first dose, I don't want to roast my liver), and checked the weather.

Ron's favorite weather program said it would rain after 2.  Mine said, after 11.  It was about 10:30.

When I checked on Ron, he was lying in bed asleep.  I got my stuff water proofed (i.e. - no Kindle, no Bible, bring poncho and extra plastic bags, bring plastic bag for cell phone), and prepared to leave.   My feet were kind of achy - I think I have a mild case of plantar fasciitis.  I am certain that is not spelled properly.  I put on my "good" shoes and opened the front door.

Right as Ron came out of his room.  I gave him a quick hug and ran off.  I made it to the bus stop, in time for my ride.  I called Ron and apologized for running off on him.  He understood, and hoped I had fun.

I had to put the phone in the bag - a zip top quart bag, if you ever needed the information.  It was starting to drizzle.  I did a lot of praising God (quietly, don't want to scare people), and thanking Him.  I asked for more, as much as He felt we could handle.  I asked for rain to fill our reservoirs, no flooding, etc.

I spent a lot of time talking to God.   We are in a dreadful drought and desperately need any rain we can get.  I'm sure He is happy to hear it.

My feet were getting pretty achy.  Where was my bus?  I called Ron once the drizzle stopped.  The bus broke down.

I waited, almost an hour, on the next one.  My feet were SCREAMING.  No bus bench.  I did ask for one when I filled out a customer service survey.

I hobbled on the bus, making a successful effort to keep my mouth shut when the driver asked me how I was doing.  I just nodded, waved my pass, and sat down - thank you Jesus.

I had to make a deposit, so I did that.  The headache was trying to come back, my feet ached miserably, and the sky was turning black.

So much for Ron's weather forecast.  I went to my connecting bus bench and sat down for a while.  I watched the clouds boiling up and blackening.  I thought about my headache, and my feet.

I thought "Why don't I just go home?  This is not a good Day Out".   I did that.

I passed a chicken place, on the way, and got Ron some takeout.  Boy, he loved it.  I tied it up in my plastic bag right as the sky opened up.

I stood there, in the deluge, and I had to laugh.  I'm standing by the road, in the pouring rain, with a killer headache and feet that feel about 90 years old.  I can't even drive.  I'm stuck here, waiting on a bus, and praying to God this one didn't break down, too.

I laughed at myself, and my life, for a while.  I had to, really.  It was ludicrous.  I think sometimes, about the irony of God choosing to use someone as "broken" as me.  I think He could do "better" but then I remind myself God does not want "powerful" people.  He wants people willing to be used, so His power   can work.

I kept standing there on my aching feet, wondering when the bus would arrive, the chicken in my tote bag, wondering if my garden was getting any rain.  People in cars stared at me as they drove by.  One man offered me a ride.  He seemed nice, but no way, ever.  I was nice about it.

Even if I knew someone who offered me a ride, while I was standing in the pouring rain at the bus stop, I don't know that I would accept.  Especially if the car had nice seats.  Me in my vinyl poncho, dripping wet, all over the nice seats?  No.

The bus came, and I got on with the chicken.  It reminded me of a time, a few years ago.  I was riding the bus, and I kept smelling fried chicken.  It was very strong.  I kept thinking I was hallucinating - I can end up smelling things that don't exist.  I was really bothered by it, until a lady got off with a huge takeout bag from a fried chicken store.  I felt so relieved.  [snort]

My food wasn't apparent, I hope they didn't have anyone with psychotic issues - actually they did.  Manic Guy got on the bus.

Manic Guy is clearly bipolar.  He drinks.  He is always very flushed and reeks of alcohol.  He will rant and rave at anyone on the bus, generally about conspiracies, etc.  One day he was ranting about "Those Mexican Invaders ruining our country" and half the bus was hispanic.  I expect, one day, he will either kill, or be killed, by someone.

He got on, clearly manic, ranting about the wrath of God, how "our country is enslaved to islam and God is angry about it, that's why he's letting us suffer!" He got right into someone's face.  THAT'S WHY GOD IS LETTING US SUFFER!  Then he started ranting about gay people.

Dude.  Shut up.

Now, if you ever wondered what I think about the whole "gay" thing - the Bible is clear God doesn't like it.  The Bible is also clear on many other things God doesn't like.  Many of them are sins I commit on a regular basis.  I am no better than anyone else.  I knew 2 wonderful Christian men who were gay.  They chose to be celibate.  I thought that sounded wise.  What you do with your sex organs is between you and God.

Anyway, I don't go around shrieking God's vengeance at ANYONE.  God can do His own convicting, His own judging.

I desperately wanted to gag the man.  But I think God throws him at me now and then to remind me TAKE YOUR PILLS, AS DIRECTED.  He is, like, a boogeyman for me.  Take your pills or you will end up like him.

Best of all, ManicMan got off after I did, so that meant he saw my stop.  AGH.

I got off, still pouring (we got over an inch in my yard, per the rain gauge), and trudged home, carrying the chicken.  I didn't know, but Ron was, at the time, "Blowing up my cell phone" with repeated pleas for me to call a cab, which he'd pay for.

By the time the cab would have arrived, the rain had stopped anyway.

Ron met me at the door, with a couple of towels.  I thought that was really sweet, and a good example of "Acts of Service" love language.  I gave Ron his "Acts of Service" - the bag of chicken, which he gobbled eagerly, making yum yum noises.

I took some more "Headache Tablets" - they generally work very well.  I watched the rain, glad I had come home.  Glad we were getting rain, and making a point to thank God for it.

The headache crawled off, still snarling, and the sun came out.  Yeah.  I took a nap, had nightmares.  That  means the headache was probably a migraine.

I watched TV for a while.  Ron and I spent so much time chatting later, we didn't get enough sleep.  Oh, well.

Got up, I had chosen to do my God Time later.  Did that.  Got ready for work.  It was warmish, forecast to be in the 70's.  The air had a nasty bite under the heat, and I brought my coat.  Glad I did.

Went to work, got it done, and left.  We went to the wholesale warehouse and got more supplies.  Yay.  My machines will not suck with empty staring coils.  I hate empty coils in my snack machines.

Came home, took a nap - needed it.  Ron and I went to Starbucks, I had an eggnog steamer.  It was very nut-meggy.  Ron got his latte with lots of splenda.  He tried a sip of my drink and told me "I don't know if I like it".  I thought that was funny.

We even held hands for a little bit, talking about various things.  I have a very bad tendency, which you may have noted, to focus on negative things.  I am working on that.

Happily, I was "hypomanic" - very mildly "up" but not obnoxious (like the dreaded ManicMan) or overly chatty.  Ron said I was "fine".  We had a good ride home.

I had a good time looking at my garden books, and I have tomorrow off.  And yay, on Friday I can go into work and fill up my vending machines!

I really enjoy my job.

No comments: