Sunday, November 20, 2011

Maybe it won't matter, tomorrow

It's funny.  I finally "got over" the kid ripping the board off the fence to spy on us, and Ron's kept talking about it today.

If the kid does it again, I'll take Ron over to talk to the father.  I'm sure that will do it.  Ron really hates it when people stare at him.  

I'm a little hivey today.  Spell check didn't like that.  Not bad, but a little itchy.  I'm going easy on the wheat, this week.

I got up pretty early, worked in the garden for a bit, and noted my fava beans, and sugar snap peas, are sprouting.  I have never eaten a fava bean in my life.  Apparently I can eat them as a green bean, as a cooked shell bean, or as a dry bean.

Sugar Snaps, I know, are easily eaten raw, in the garden.  Speaking of, the only real garden problem I encountered - fire ants.  Boy, my left foot was pretty unhappy.  I poisoned them, thinking all the while, this is why I don't want kids in my yard.  I don't care if trespassers get bit, but I don't want them eating the poison.

I just had a thought for a great no-tresspassing sign:  This yard protected by FIRE ANTS!  It would feature a menacing fire ant underneath.  I like it.  Everyone dreads and fears fire ants.

I work on reminding myself, if life were perfect, I'd never want to be raptured.  If I didn't have all the problems, I probably wouldn't be so focused on serving God.  If I had a perfect everything, I would live for it, and not Him.

Just a theory; I doubt I'll ever get to try it out!

Things have been pretty quiet today.  A few "boom boom" cars going down the street, but nothing major.  Ron said, apparently, there was some noise last night.  I'm not sure how our subdivision rates, size-wise, and for obvious reasons I can't give out a lot of identifying details, but it's not "dinky".  When you have a lot of people living together, you'll have conflict, noise, etc.

Most of the time, I feel I am pretty easygoing when properly medicated.

My mood has just been crap the last couple days.  Really brooding a lot (ruminating and perseverating), having a hard time "letting things go", etc.  I have been begging God for help, the last few days.

And I think that's why He allowed me to have this illness; to keep my focus on Him.  I can't ever take my eyes off Him for long, the illness rears up, tries to buck me, and I'm hanging onto the "reins", screaming for help.

I'm pretty pleased; I did manage to get a lot of gardening accomplished during my last mania, and a fair amount of housework.  I only bought the things I needed and had plenty left in my pocket the day I got paid.  I can't ask for better!

I am having a little bit of an issue with that guy at work.  I think I will tell him directly.  "I hope it is clear to you, and everyone here, that I am completely committed to my husband.  I'm starting to think it is a bad idea to 'be friends' with someone of the opposite sex unless they are also, happily, married."  Then I worry it might sound like *I* am fighting feelings.  Trust me, I'm not.  The guy is a hardcore alcoholic.

Agh.  Then I want to go bash my head into a wall.  I hate subtext.  I do poorly.  But it is apparent to me, and Ron, there is a subtext and I need to address it with clarity.

That's where I go "fall" on God, asking Him to lead/guide me on what to say and how to say it.  Maybe Ron could say.... no.. I think I will have to say it myself.

Or maybe it won't matter tomorrow.  I think that should be my new motto: Maybe it won't matter tomorrow.

Tomorrow, other than work, my only big plans - taking a Collard plant, in a pot, to a happily married co-worker.  I think they will enjoy it and treat it properly.  It's so much fun to grow your own food.

When I lived in a 3rd floor apartment with a balcony, it got a little sun every day - maybe an hour or so direct sun (sort of like my garden bed 6).  Like Garden Bed 6, I planted a lot of leafy green things.  They always did very well and I ate a lot of fresh, organic, salads, grown a good three floors off the ground.   It was impossible to find anything organic in that neighborhood.

And even if I lived with no sun, I have a sprouter.  You can grow a lot of fresh greens in a sprouter.  I have a fancier one, bought on clearance, with a couple of trays, but a simple jar could do the trick.  You can google it, easy to do.

I might even get some seed at the feed store for it.  Right now it's in a cabinet, because I have fresh green things in the yard.  Well, mostly green.

I do have 2 purple kale, and a frilly purplish one sprouting in my seedling flat.

No comments: