Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Naughty the modem

My modem is acting up, and I had a hell of a time getting online today. 

Ha!  You should have seen my trying to download my new Theocracy album last night - it took forever, and I ended up praying, literally, over the download. 

So, I will come off as harried no doubt and it's because I have to burp it all out quickly before NAUGHTY the modem goes down again.  [sigh]  I am getting a new modem for Christmas, looks like.  Ron likes to buy me "things" now and then, and it drives him nuts when I say I can't think of anything. 

So, back home.  Not dead.  Ron is still drinking, but not being verbabally abusive and letting me sleep.  The neighbor's dog is barking a lot because someone dumped a pit bull in the neighborhood and the dogcatcher can't get it.  It goes sniffing around the yard, the dog barks wildly, and it wanders off, only to come back.  A little aggravating for me. 

I am rearranging the bedroom, the way I had the bed was causing some traffic issues.  On the north wall of the house, is the soccer family's trash can, and my zero property line.  I literally have the trash cans right outside my bedroom. 

On the south wall, I have the door to the bathroom, and the door to the bedroom.  Nothing can go there, really. 

On the west wall, we have the closet, a regular closet about 10 feet long, not walk in.  I took the doors off and put my dresser in the closet, it gives me a lot more room. 

The east wall has the sliding glass door.  I am very limited, obviously, and the bed HAS to go on the north wall.  However, instead of running it north-south, I ran it east-west.  It is a much better flow for traffic going out the backdoor, and I can see my garden while lying in bed.  I'm happy.  Ron loves it.  Yay, me. 

The daytime weather has been lovely, sunny and delightful.  I've had some fun out in the garden.  I planted most of my potatoes today.  I have two types of fingerlings I bought at the grocery store, and some Yukon Golds I saved from my first harvest.  They are all sprouting, all the sprouted ones of a good size got planted.  I have a few marble-to-ping pong sizes I plan to tuck into another garden bed, somewhere.  I also need to plant my onions, but intend for most of them to go into a nice deep planter.  I always like to put some around the collards, they are beneficial to each other. 

Ron pretty much is awake at night, sleeping during the day.  I don't want anyone losing sleep.  I have a door that locks, if I chose to do so.  I also have a bug-out/hospital bag with important papers and changes of clothing.  Any decent disaster prepper has a bug out bag. 

I'm liking the bedroom.  It is a lot more spacious now.  I made sure the cat kept his "bed", which is a rolling storage cube.  I knew "Bubba" had some garden items (seaweed concentrate and peat pots) in his box, and was thrilled to discover blood meal, too. 

Blood meal is dried blood.  Plants love it.  Especially leafy green ones.  Sprinkled on the soil, it feeds the soil organisms which then feed the plant.  It also scares herbivore nibblers, if you have a problem.  It comes as a powder, in a bag.  I put it in my fertilizer bucket, along with the cottonseed meal (my favorite fertilizer), kelp meal (second favorite), and other goodies.  I need to get a metal container and put the fertilizers in that, then I can put it out in the garden. 

Before anyone says it is "gross".  Do you eat meat?  If you do, the blood comes out in processing.  Isn't it better to use the WHOLE animal?   I believe it is.  I also use bone meal, too. 

I have a great book by Dr Bob.  He is a Houston gardening expert.  Dr Bob says "critters love to eat organic fertilizer, store in a metal trash can" - I'm going to take that advice. 

Side effects really kicked my butt today; I stayed home.  It will be nice all week so I don't feel I missed anything important. 

I'm keeping up with my God Time, don't want to screw myself.  I miss it when I don't get it. 

I get paid soon.  Work is pretty slow, but Ron said I can get the inventory I need.  Good.   I hate empty coils in the snack machine. 

That's it for now.  Not sure when the modem will let me back online but I'm doing OK. 

No comments: