Saturday, November 19, 2011

Not so cranky today. 

I don't know why kids want to tear boards off my fence (the board is completely off the fence today, good thing I propped up my wood), but that's between them, their parents, and God.  Had a hard time NOT thinking about "home invaders" etc... it's called perseverating and ruminating.   Ugh.  I just want to bang my head into a wall, sometimes, to make it stop.  Then I take it to God "Help me take my thoughts captive, put Your love in my heart" etc. 

Signs, of depression.  On the one hand I want to boo it away, but on the other, I can only be manic for so long.  It is easy to see why some of us become addicts; it would be nice to adjust the volume level on the emotions! 

But, I have to turn it over to God, leave it in His hands, and trust He made me this way for a useful purpose.  I found it fascinating... I have 2 different "Read the Bible in a Year" plans, a couple collections of daily Bible verses by subject (about 5-10 verses a day on humility or whatever), a very old devotional by Mary Tileston (from my Grandmother), a Corrie Ten Boom devotional (also from Grandma), a mental health devotional from my sister (love you Sue!), a yearly prayer guide to every country on the planet, and 2 other devotionals. 

I take my faith life very seriously, and endeavor to read it all daily.  Not: I'm so holy.  More: everything I read today was about "the tongue".  Watch your words, etc.  Funny, I mean, literally everything had that.  It doesn't happen often, a coincidence like that, but when it does I sit up and take notice. 

So: I slept great last night.  I told Ron, whatever you say about Barky, he was good last night.  He agreed.  I also told him, if some question mark is wandering around, I'd rather the dog bark.  He agreed. 

Whoo.  Hot flash. 

Which is funny.  GIRL TALK AHEAD: my cycle has arrived... several days late, as it has pretty consistently this year.  I am fine with that - my only concern being weight loss.  I hear it is much "harder" after complete menopause.  END GIRL TALK  I'm sure my bones are fine.  I do plenty of weight bearing activity, eat a lot of protien, and take mineral supplements.  I take a Vitamin E supplement for my heart and I exercise regularly. 

We got up very early, and went to Foodtown.  They have good prices on bottled soda, and are fine with modest purchases for work.  We don't hassle with the sales tax, we just double pay.  I'm sure the State can use it. 

Went to work, worked hard, did it all.  A guy at work has a pretty serious interest in me.  Ron is commenting on it, too.  I thought it was great how he handled it, the guy kept following me around at work, trying to talk to me, and Ron finally turned his wheelchair towards him and said "Isn't your break over?"  I think the guy was mildly offended. 

Ron said, "At least it is OPEN interest" - a change from last year.  I just find it a little odd for a single man to be interested in a married woman; and I can say I am happily married.  Even if I wasn't, I made vows. 

Even if I were immoral, he drinks.  That is a deal killer for me.  And he breeds pit bulls - which terrify me.  I think I'll let Ron interact with him. 

He kept asking us what we were doing for Thanksgiving, and I told him the truth: Ron's having a TV dinner, and I'm having a pot pie.  One of my favorite passages in Proverbs: Better Vegetables where there is love, than the finest meat where there is hatred. 

I thank God every day I'm alive.  I have a lot to be thankful for. 

Today, for instance, and after work - Ron was very appreciative.  I just eat that up.  I guess one of my love langauges would be "words", in addition to "quality time". 

No comments: