Saturday, November 26, 2011

Run

I have been sharing some of my trials with Ron online, and it is interesting to see the perspectives.

Most people tell me to leave him, and if I were unsaved, I would, and probably do some damage on my way out. A guy I knew, who is interested, actually tried to tell me (years ago)  I could get away with killing Ron because I am mentally ill!
I found that very alarming, that he really thought I would consider that for even an instant.

God WILL rebuke Ron; I have NO doubt. The issue here is to keep my naturally hurt feelings, and wounded pride from transforming into a haughty, judgemental, spirit. That won't please God.

My job, as I see it, is to take my hurt feelings and shame to God, and to let God console me. To leave it at "Lord, rebuke him". The God who created the universe can certainly avenge my hurt feelings, anger, and indignity.

My job, as I see it, is to ask God what He wants me to do, and go to it, trusting He will give me what's required to do my job. I am well aware my blog is crosslinked to a message board.  [waving at Rabble Rousers]  I'm glad I can provide some entertainment and fodder for discussions.  I am aware you probably think I have drunk the koolaid, gone around the corner, and have the spine of a jellyfish; you probably see my "faith" as the frosting on a very broken cookie. 
 
See, I think the difference between me and an "average" person: the average person is pretty much about pleasing themself.  What will be the best choice for me?  What is the best job for me?   He isn't treating me right.  I need to get out of here; and does so. 
 
I have a very different perspective: What will make God happy?  A good example; getting another job.  I keep getting a huge NO from God on that.  I don't understand why, but my job is obeying God.  I have enough for my needs. 
 
Do I think Ron speaks for God?  Absolutely not!  [laughing]  No way.  I go on my own internal leadings, prayer, and Bible study.  I take my medication as directed because I get a lot of noise in my head, otherwise. 
 
I think the problem is that a lot of people view my current issues as between me and Ron.  They aren't.  Ron's an adjunct.  The problem is between me and God.  I am being treated shamefully.  I take it to God.  God lets me know He has my back, and God WILL repay Ron for what he has done.  My job is to honor my commitment, even if Ron doesn't honor his.  "Love, honor, and cherish", until Ron asks for a divorce or God makes it clear. 
 
The pastor who married us said, as he prayed over the Bible verse, God led him to Hebrews 12:1-3 (HCSB)
 
1 Therefore since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses  surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us, 2 keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame,  and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne.


Fatherly Discipline


3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, so that you won't grow weary and lose heart.
 
Run.
Don't lose heart. 
Keep my eyes on Jesus. 
HE was mocked and shamed, too. 
Run to Him. 
 
Hebrews 10:30 says "Vengence is mine, I will repay, says the Lord".  He will. 

3 comments:

Sally said...

Nothing about this is right Heather you have used God to justify being abused because you feel you have no other options
I am so sorry. God does not want you to stay with an abusive drunk. You want to stay with him and use God as an excuse not a reason.

Anonymous said...

As someone who has long read your blog, there is NO reason to go back to Ron. I know you think you are doing the right thing, but God didn't make you to be abused. Don't go back. This can only end poorly.

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
It's Jillian from Facebook. :)
I am praying for you and said a special prayer for you when we went to the Adoration chapel today after reading your FB status. ((hugs))
A thought came in my head; do you have a good pastor or minister nearby you can speak to? They might be able to provide some good counseling or guidance.
I know that you are a good Christian woman (one of the best I know) so therefore you are very close to God and discerning His Will for you is something you do carefully through prayer and study of the Scriptures etc. However, sometimes it helps to have another perspective..a third party who is also from a Christian belief system.
I know from reading your blog and interactions with you that you are also careful about your safety. Please continue to do so, make sure you have a safety plan etc. God loves you and wants you to be safe and loved. That much I know. :) The rest..not for me to discern, but perhaps a good Christian counselor or minister could assist.
God bless you.