Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sick of barking dogs all night.

The dog behind us, barking all night.  Not a peep today.  I suspect the owners are locking him in the house during the day, and only letting him out at night to be a "guard" dog.  I really doubt the effacy of a "guard" dog that barks at everything.  How will you know the bad guy?  The bad guy will bring a gun, shoot your dog, and now your kids are out a pet in addition to the robbery and whatever else. 

Again:  I am not a fan of dogs.  I am not a fan of someone else's dog, one I don't even see, keeping me up all night every night because "I want a dog".  My cat does not keep anyone up at night.  I am not a fan of other people's dogs destroying my fence, getting onto my property, menacing me in my own yard, attacking my lawn mower, attacking my cat, etc.  I get very upset when they keep Ron from sleeping, and their barking-induced sleep deprivation aggravates my mental illness. 

Really, it is surprising I have any kind feelings toward dogs.  People always want to know why Ron doesn't have a guide dog.  Well, they're too much work.  They have a short working life.  They get sick and die.  They are not terribly reliable.  According to Ron, they also get into the trash and eat things they shouldn't, including used sanitary products. 

My cat would never do that.  He uses his corner of the yard, without any prompting.  He has NEVER had "an accident".  He doesn't bite, chew, or bark.  Wonderful pet.  He gives me all the love I'd want from a pet without any of the drama. 

Anyway, not a good start. I missed my God time, because I COULDN'T SLEEP.  It is so frustrating to me; 16 hours a day, the dog is completely silent.  All night long, bark, bark, bark.  My only consolation: the mother, and kids, have to hear it too; and it's a lot louder on their side of the fence.  The father works nights.  I think that's why they let the dog out at night "For protection" but in my opinion the fearful people like that tend to believe the dog is the only thing keeping them from violent rapists, child molesting kidnappers.  Not true. 

Like I said, a really bad guy will bring a gun, kill the dog, and do what he wants.  The dog offers a false sense of security to them, and a lot of aggravation to everyone else. 

No comments: