Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Bear Claw

I bagged up 120 bags of candy for the kids.

I had the pumpkin in the window.  I had the porch light on.  My neighbor, for whatever reason, moved his van.

About 7:30, the invasion began.  Huge packs of children, demanding candy.  The candy was a huge hit, and one child said we had "The best candy".  Good.  No one freaked out over "The Life of Jesus" activity book, or scripture booklet.

Some of my favorite kids:  one mother brought her two boys, about 12 and 14.  The older boy was clearly autistic.  He kept trying to get in the house and sit on my couch.  I told Ron, "Our home must have a good energy".  I got everyone set up with candy and Mom dragged him off.

The alien, about 6 feet tall, wearing a mask.  I opened the door and he stood there, silently - probably gaping at the bear.  I said "Oh!   An alien!"  He stood there  "Do aliens like candy?"  He held out the bag.  I gave him his candy and he ambled off.

Ron came out of the man cave and sat in his wheelchair, talking to the kids.  We handed out a total of 115 bags of candy, to children.  I handed out a couple more to adults.

The kids LOVED the bear.  The kept petting him, feeling his claws, and poking at his eyes.  I told Ron "If the bear has any sentience, he loves Halloween."

Today, I rolled the bear off to his designated corner of the living room, off to wait for next year.

It's always fun to get the repeater kids, they are so happy to see the bear again.

No comments: