Sunday, November 26, 2017

3 little piggies

This morning, first thing, we went to the pet store.  The cats are eating a tremendous amount of cat food and I needed more. 

We had them drop us at the Kolache Factory.  We went in, I bought some Diet Dr Pepper and a couple of cream cheese.  Ron wanted to go to Starbucks, fine. 

I don't support their politics so I didn't buy anything.  I'm not a coffee drinker, either.  Ron got his latte. 

I left Ron alone at the table, his Christmas lights flashing merrily, and went to the store.  I admired a nice looking scratcher.  $50.  I went and bought the cat food, which cost more than the scratcher.  I feed Blue Wilderness cat food and it's not cheap when you have 3 cats.  3 little piggies. 

I called Ron for some reason, oh, to tell him I was buying the 11 pound bag.  Not because it is cheaper per pound, but I have a 10 pound storage container and it's airtight.  I figured I could put a pound out for the cats and store the rest. 

Ron asked if they had any good scratchers.  I told him they did, and one looked good.  He told me I should buy him. 

Twist my arm, already.  Our old scratcher looks terrible.  I asked Mom for a new one for Christmas, for the cats, but we can always use another one. 

I stuck it in the cart.  It wasn't too heavy. 

I have a hard time spending money on myself, but I have no problem spending it on the cats.  It took me half a week to come up with my Christmas list, but I had their presents laid out in an hour. 

Poor Starbucks.  I come in lugging 16 pounds of cat food (I bought a 5 pound bag too), in a bag on my right shoulder, and a huge scratcher over my left arm, wearing it like a fashion accessory.  No one twitched. 

I sat with Ron for a while (I put my stuff down), until it was about time for our ride to arrive. 

I had Ron hold the scratcher and put the bag of cat food on my right shoulder.  And I wonder why my poor shoulder went out a couple months ago. 

The driver was OK as long as I was the one handling the scratcher.  He kept looking at it like it was going to bite him. 

We went home, I took a nap.  I was pretty wound up and didn't sleep very well. 

We went to Dennys.  Ron was hungry, I wasn't.  There were a lot of sick customers.  Then our driver to come home was sick.  Great.  I washed my hands when I got home, and drank a protein shake with some vitamin C. 

Now I have to go to bed early, because our Dr Pepper delivery is coming at 3 AM tomorrow morning.  That's going to be one early wakeup. 

But the 3 little piggies love their new scratcher.  Torbie and Biscuit have both laid in the little hammock, and scratched on the posts.  I haven't seen Baby Girl go after it yet.  I moved the old scratcher and she found it, scratching on it happily. . So we'll keep the old one. 

I aim to keep them happy. 

No comments: