Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Vessels

I had an old cup from Stripes, it was my constant companion.  It held a half gallon.  It was a good cup but getting pretty crusty, and impossible to clean.  Hey, I was depressed, I didn't care, I kept drinking out of it, until one night when I kicked it over and spilled half a gallon of diet raspberry lemonade all over the floor.  I had to frantically evacuate my Bibles and such, it was a big aggravation.  So I got rid of the cup and bought some more "vessels".  One of them was a half gallon container with an attached, snap-on lid.  I filled it with water and kept it by my bedside. 

I awoke this morning in a puddle of water, the container at my side, lying sideways in bed.  Apparently I got it for a drink and didn't put it back.  What a mess.  It did not, however, ruin the bed.  Everything dried, no staining. 

Then I got up and went to the bathroom.  I found a huge (at least 4 inches long), beautiful, blue dragonfly battering itself against my bathroom window.  I opened the window and let it out, I had to gently direct it towards the open part of the window.  But it got out, faltered a little, and flew off.  I assume one of the cats caught it and brought it in. 

I used to have a lot of dragonflies in my garden.  I grew everything organically (except for fire ant poison) and had a lot of beneficial bugs, lizards, snakes, etc.  It was all very holistic.  I enjoyed it. 

I don't have the energy for it now, though. 

I took my shower and did my God Time.  Then I took a nap.  Ron didn't want to go anywhere today so we didn't.  I slept as long as possible.  I'm not depressed when I sleep. 

I got up and took care of the cats, ate some shelf-stable food we bought for the conference.  It is OK but I have my doubts about my medication working with it.  We shall see. 

I talked to Ron about our plans for tomorrow and set all that up.  We have a deadline, if we don't make our trips by the deadline then we don't go anywhere. 

I took out the garbage, checked the mail, and ran the washer on the "clean" cycle.  Yes, it's late, I try to do it on the first, but I did it and it smells nice.  Now it is ready for more loads. 

I gave the cats a little extra food today as they seemed hungry.  I hate to see a rescue cat, hungry.  They will be eating out of "endless" foodbowls when we leave for a couple of days, anyway. 

At any rate that's it for tonight.  I hope you are having a better day. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

I adore dragon flies! And so glad that was just water
Hope you are feeling better

Depression sucks!!!!! OOOXXX hope it is over now and you have something fun planned!