Sunday, November 19, 2017

I'll be glad when I'm better

I've still been depressed. 

Yesterday we went to Sam's Club and got some inventory, but we were constrained by the size of the pickup truck.  We needed, really, 2 weeks of supplies and only had 1 week of sodas and a little bit of snacks. 

Our secondary is out, I don't know what is going on with him.  1.  He said the truck needed repairs and would be finished (this) week, but the last couple days he has been sending Ron gibberish text messages.  Ron tried to call him but it went to voicemail.  We don't know his address or I would call someone to do a welfare check; he is definitely OUT. 

Our Saturday guy can only do one trip on Saturday morning so that's out, and he is going to be gone this Saturday, as well. 

We need to start recruiting some more drivers.  I'm thinking retirees (like our secondary) would be best, but will leave it up to Ron. 

So, we went to work, put stuff in the fridge, and then went out to dinner, later.  After dinner I barely made it home before I had a toilet emergency.  Thank God I didn't have to clean all that up! 

Doc says lithium can create problems, it could have been the unfamiliar dish, a bad protein bar for breakfast, etc.  It could have been the large doses of vitamin C I am taking for my sniffles.  I don't know. 

It made for an unpleasant night.  I am glad the bathroom is close to the bedroom, and Ron didn't need it. 

I slept in this morning until 10.  I was shocked, the latest I have gone lately is 8.  I guess I am fighting something off. 

I have been sniffling all day but nothing major.  I don't know if my vitamin C and Zinc Lozenge therapy arrested my cold before it could get bad, or my immune system did it on it's own, but the cold hasn't been very bad. 

Knock on wood. 

I have been trying to get a lot of sleep because I figure that was a factor in me getting sick to begin with. 

The cats have been good, all of them have been cute and sweet in their own ways, Torbie has slept with me.  Biscuit has slept with me.  Baby Girl came and begged for food, on her own, earlier.  She normally only begs with Biscuit, but she got a taste for canned tuna and asked for some.  She was so cute I gave it to her, of course.  She even let me kiss her, today. 

Normally my cats hate to be picked up.  They hate kisses.  2 of them hate getting in my lap and will flat out walk past me if I am available.  Only Torbie gives me lap time, and only when she feels like it. 

But they have all been pretty cuddly, probably because I have been sick. 

I'll be glad when I'm better. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

Hope you are much better by the time you read this comment! The zinc and vit c give me horrific diarrhea that could have been it ?