Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Horrible taste

Ugh, I have a horrible taste in my mouth from the lozenges.  But my cold has not progressed.  I have some very occasional sneezing and a little bit of a sore throat, but that's it. 

More significantly, I have the anorexia (lack of appetite) I find I develop when I'm sick.  But I am relatively functional, although very tired. 

So, what did I do today?  We went to the bank and made our deposit.  I got paid.  The bills in the other post were just some of the bills I have taken out of the vending machines; pretty typical of the worst.  Yet they still worked, amazingly. 

We came home.  I took another zinc lozenge (ugh) and a nap.  I woke up early, though. 

I took another zinc lozenge (every 3 hours per the box) and woke Ron up.  We were going to Walmart to get him his Gapapentin (Neurontin).  Our ride was right on time.  We got there and headed straight for the pharmacy.  Ron was almost out of his medication, and I wanted to make it the #1 priority.  I often do this, myself, with my medication. 

They didn't have it filled but the put the order in, so we had a half hour before we had to come back.  I found a kiddie cart and put Ron and the wheelchair into it.  Then I did our shopping.  Ron wanted antiacids.  He made a good point he is finally getting enough calcium, taking these.  He likes the yellow (banana) flavor.  When we got home he actually asked me to take out all the bananas and put them in a separate container, which I did. 

I cruised around and got the rest of our stuff, almost forgetting yet more zinc lozenges.  I bought an assortment of sugarfree cough drops, too.  I like those when I get a tickle in my throat, a dry mouth, or a sore throat. 

Shopping finished (I even got 2 packages of underwear), we went back to the pharmacy.  The computer called us while we were still in line, notifying us our order was ready.  It was $40 cheaper than the last refill. 

Then they wanted to consult with us, why, I don't know.  Ron has taken this stuff off and on or years.  She knows us, so she just asked if we had any questions and then handed it over.  Yay.  All done. 

Now we had to check out.  We had a long line at the pharmacy so I wasn't going to have them ring us up, although the could have. 

We found a nice lady on lane 7 and set everything on the conveyor belt.  She rang us up quickly.  Our "home" ride was late but not too bad, and it was a driver we like.  We had a straight trip. 

I unloaded everything and got it in the house.  I gave Ron his stuff to put away however he wanted, then put away my stuff.  I had some small pints of ice cream (good for my throat!) and some milk.  I put them away first.  I had planned to have soup for dinner but, as it turns out, all my soup had expired.  I have seen a lot of debates online about sell by dates on canned goods, but I didn't want to take a chance when I am already sick. 

I found a can of vegetarian vegetable, I eat that sometimes when I am getting over a puking migraine.  It only had 4 grams of protein.  I decided not to eat it, opting instead for a protein shake I made on my own that had over 30 grams of protein.  And it was easy to make.  I took my pills and ate some chips because I was craving something salty.  It worked. 

Now I'm getting ready to go to bed.  Ron's already asleep; I'm going to bed. 

I'll be glad when I'm better.  I don't blame myself for getting sick.  Ron kept me up 3 nights straight in a row, so totally sleep deprived.  Traveling, around a lot of sick people, bad diet, no cats even.  Not surprised I got sick. 

No comments: