Saturday, November 25, 2017

Instatiable

I had to get up pretty early today, but I got my God Time (most of it) and my shower.  We went to Sam's club and bought more canned Coke for the business.  We have been doing a lot of Coke lately.  Other than that, Ron says canned sodas are pretty slow. 

It doesn't help that they installed a huge, industrial ice machine not far from our vending machines, but it's their facility, they can do what they want.  I do believe it does hurt our sales, but it's not like they asked (or had to ask) permission to do it. 

We just try to appeal to them anyway.  I brought a huge bag of decorations and, when we got to work, set to work setting them up.  Christmas trees on top of the vending machines, and lights on the wheelchair.  I didn't take the batteries out of the lights last year, so it was easy to just affix them to the handles and then flip the switch.  It looks good.  I will have to take a photo in the dark one day. 

I also had a santa hat.  I tried to get a good photo of me in the hat, but wasn't happy with it.  I figured you would want to see it anyway, and posted it. 

Then I got to work stocking.  It didn't take very long but I got it all done.  I was glad snacks were doing better than sodas; they seem to like what I'm stocking. 

Snacks are pretty much my department.  I will ask Ron for opinions now and then, but I stock it with merchandise I think will sell, and usually it does.  The Nacho Doritos are a little slow, though. 

I finished my work and helped Ron with his, then we hung out for a little while because paratransit had gotten us there early. 

Finally time to go.  We had a hysterical ride home with an immigrant cab driver who told us all about polygamous marriages in Africa.  It was fascinating. 

We got home and I took a nap.  I got up at 3.  For some reason, I thought we were leaving at 4.  I did my God Time and got on the computer for a little bit.  And Ron wasn't up.  He finally woke up and I asked him about our pickup.  5.  I could have slept in another hour!  And I was sleeping so good! 

Oh, well, too late.  I turned on the wheelchair lights again and waited on our ride.  She was a little late but not too bad.  I had time to get all my stuff, do a deposit at my bank, and get some takeout from McDonald's.  We had a good ride home. 

I put away the cat litter, I didn't want the driver dealing with a 40 pound package.  The driver helped with my other stuff but I didn't mind that, it was all light.  I put that away and then got Ron, admiring his lights in the dark. 

Ron said a little kid exclaimed over his lights while he was at the Walmart.  Our driver liked it, too. 

I think it is very fun to light up a wheelchair with Christmas lights.  If you have the chair, you might as well use it as a frame for something fun.  Easy enough to do and a lot of fun for everyone. 

He wouldn't wear the antlers today, so I will settle for having the lights. 

I checked the mail.  A lot of catalogs, I mentally apologized to the flat sorters (a machine at work that sorts catalogs), and threw them away.  Nothing I was interested in. 

We came inside.  The neighbors (#6, of course) are having a party.  The youngest is turning three.  They have been pretty quiet overall so that's good. 

I'll be glad when they finish, so I can go to bed.  Tomorrow I have to go get more cat food.  Ever since I took them off the diet, the cats have been insatiable. 

No comments: