Monday, November 6, 2017

Loss of interest

Torbie has been sleeping with me, a lot, lately.  She can always tell when I'm hurting. 

This depression is odd: I don't have the "pain" so much, I can accomplish work and personal care, but I just have no desire to do anything else.  "Loss of interest".  At least I have Torbie. 

When my shoulder was bothering me some months ago, she slept next to my head every night, until I felt better.  She was very sweet.  Still is. 

I had a hard time sleeping last night, I overate at dinner and felt very bloated.  I understood how Ron must have felt after we went to the Indian restaurant last week.  I felt very restless, probably couldn't sleep because I had some Diet Coke with dinner.  And I was really thirsty, I kept getting up to drink, and urinate.  I'm amazed I got any sleep at all. 

I overslept this morning but had time for my shower.  We went to work.  I had to disable Snack 2 because it kept ripping people off.  I won't have that on my watch.  I would rather turn off the machine, empty it out, and wait for a "new" one, than leave it running and getting bad will from the customers.  I want people to walk away happy, this is very important to me. 

So I killed it - it had a power switch and I threw it.  I took the inventory (most of it) out today and put it in the other machines. 

I was also happy to see God helped me "fix" the soda fridge.  It is a commercial unit, stainless steel (one reason I would hate stainless in my home: I have dealt with it so much at work).  Anyway, the front of the unit was "sweating" condensation.  I was very worried about it. 

I finally figured out (I'm sure God put it in my head), the machine was flush against the wall, maybe if I pulled it out and gave the compressor some room to breathe, it would work better.  That did it, thank God. 

I helped Ron with his work, but he didn't have much, considering.  I did help him when I could. 

We had our review last week, it went well, and I asked for another snack machine (I knew #2 had some problems, but didn't know how bad), and the boss said he would look in the warehouse.  I don't need a new machine, just a good one.  I prefer older machines, actually.  My API is a really good one and I would fight if they tried to take it. 

We finished up and left.  I have been handing out the driver candy (candy + scripture booklet) to drivers and other passengers on the service.  They are pretty popular.  I believe I will continue to do it when my current stock runs out.  It isn't cheap, it takes forever to bag everything up, and I never know if anyone is even getting saved out of it, but I feel like God wants me to do it.  I think that's one reason He let "us" have such a bad Halloween, to force me to hand out the candy to drivers, etc.and see that it has some good results. 

We just need to keep the weather under 86 degrees so the chocolate doesn't melt.  That gets messy.  I have to do a whole 'nother batch of candy during the summer due to high temperatures. 

We have tomorrow off, but we're not doing much.  I plan to finish doing the laundry tonight so I can forget about it, and then go to bed early. 

Hopefully I can sleep late tomorrow and wake up without a headache.  I have been taking a lot of aspirin lately. 

No comments: