Thursday, November 2, 2017

Friday

 I slept in today, until 8.  I got up, took my shower, did my God time.  Ron and I were going out. 

We were going to the store where I'd recruited the employee to help me letter my Free Bibles sign, in Spanish.  Imagine my surprise when I got there and he told me one of the employees had spotted me doing the handout, and he told her he had lettered the sign! 

I told him "we" gave away two and a half cases of Spanish Bibles and he was happy to hear it.  He rang us up, got our food, and Ron and I went to Starbucks. 

I don't think a Starbucks employee would ever help me letter a free Bibles sign.  I got Ron his coffee and we waited outside, because it was nice. 

I had a pretty nasty headache.  It hadn't helped that Ron had been verbally abusive to me, in front of witnesses, on the way over.  I always hate that.  When he is ugly I just ignore him. 

At any rate, I ate my food, drank my Diet Dr Pepper (I don't support Starbucks) and took my medication.  Then I was tired, with a headache. 

We talked a little.  Ron was in a better mood.  He talked about how he had called our handyman to come and make a scratching post for the cats.  That ought to be interesting.  I could always just buy one from Amazon but it might be more fun to make one. 

Our ride was late, some sort of drama.  I gave the driver some food, which he took, and a bag of candy.  We went to pick up someone from dialysis and then we went home.  Ron gave the driver a hard time because he didn't pull into the driveway, but I didn't care. 

We came in and I started a load of laundry, pretreating as needed.  Then I let it all sit for 15 minutes before I ran the load, so the pretreatment could work.  The clothes are in the dryer, now. 

It is pretty warm and humid today, I'm right on the edge of asking Ron to turn on the air conditioner.  But I'm running the dryer right now and they are on the same circuit, so I guess I'll wait until the dryer's done. 

We have to get up very early tomorrow for work.  Not only that we have a review tomorrow.  We should do fine but they are always tedious.  I don't like being reviewed, I guess. 

I always hated performance reviews when I worked for other people, even though I generally did very well at them. 

I think Ron has dinner planned, as well, for later.  I need to go through my bags and put together all the stuff for our trip out of town, I don't want to wait until the last minute. 

A story on that, when Ron worked in San Francisco, and we lived in CA, we used to fly out to Houston every year.  It was my favorite week of the year.  Ron always waited until the last minute to pack. 

However, he liked to eat at dive restaurants in San Francisco, really terrible, unhygienic, places that should have been condemned.  He ate at one, in particular, a lot.  They served teriyaki.  He loved the food but got sick a couple of times. 

And, sure enough, he ate there right before our big trip.  He got really sick.  I had to bring him some compazine, and our luggage, before he could even get on the plane.  One of his meddling coworkers called his HMO and tattled that I was "sharing medication".  When we got back, he read her the riot act. 

So I had to bring my whole prescription because there wasn't time to see a doctor.  He spent most of the vacation sick.  I had a pretty good time but he didn't. 

And because he hadn't packed his bag yet, I had to do it for him.  Apparently I didn't bring the sort of things he felt he needed, and he complained.  That's when I reminded him he was the one who always packed at the last minute. 

So, we pack early now.  You just never know what will happen. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

I always pack early too
So glad Ron is not drinking ..it is a day by day thing but being happy for good days I guess is the best thing.
D

Anonymous said...

Verbal abuse without the alcohol. Interesting.