Wednesday, November 1, 2017

All I feel is tired

Things have been pretty quiet.  Ron's glad he stopped drinking. 

I didn't tell him this, but he will always be an alcoholic.  He will just need to avoid it. 

Monday we went to work and stocked, then we went to the bank.   Ron paid me and made a deposit. 

We came home, I took a nap, and cleaned the house. 

Tuesday we went out to eat at an Indian food restaurant.  Ron was craving something different and they just opened a few months ago.  The food was very good, but Ron overate the daal (lentils) and got sick from all the fiber.  He laid around, moaning, for a while.  The pan bread was really good.  All in all, we had a good time. 

We came home and I took a short nap.  The sky looked pretty ominous but I hoped it wouldn't rain.  It did.  It rained during prime trick-or-treat time and I only had about 20 kids, as opposed to 115 several years ago. 

So, I have a huge bag of what I guess is now "Driver candy".  I got out of doing that a couple years ago, but it looks like I'm back in the game. 

I stayed "open" until about 10 PM, just in case, but no takers.  The kids I did see were cute, appreciative, and had lots of candy already.  Good.  I like to see happy kids with a lot of candy. 

Oh, yeah, and I "fixed" the doorbell.  I took the wire off the connector over a year ago, to keep #6's kids from ringing it nonstop, late at night, during their parties when they lost their balls.  Once the doorbell didn't work, it wasn't fun to come over and pester me. 

This was a problem for me because the oldest admitted they did not do this (come and pester the homeowner for their ball back, the minute they lost it, during parties) with any of the other neighbors.  But, last year I "lost" a couple of kids on Halloween when the doorbell "didn't work". 

So, this year, I got out the stepladder and my screwdriver, and fixed it.  The doorbell now rings.  If I need to, I can "break" it again. 

I went to bed, slept pretty well.  We got up and went to Walmart today.  I got travel toiletries because I will be going to a business conference with Ron, pretty soon.  I also got a travel bag in purple.  I also got some diet mountain dew, which they had in stock.  I like to have a bottle in the morning when I take my pills.  Now I'm pretty much set for the rest of the month. 

I got a few other things and a new hoodie.  Batteries for Ron, and some Tums for him. I believe stomach troubles led him to quit drinking.  He still wanted the Tums.  I tried to get the berry flavor, which is what I usually get, but they didn't have a bar code on the bottle and they couldn't ring them up.  I had to go back and get a "tropical" instead.  I hope Ron thinks they are OK. 

At any rate, we did our shopping.  Ron wanted to call a cab to go home so he did that.  It was a very nice older man with an unusual name.  We seem to get him a lot at Walmart. 

We got home and I put everything away, watched a little Supernatural, and took a nap.  I got up and put away Halloween, except for the candy. 

I have a pretty steady low level depression, I can still take a shower and do my God Time, but overall I just feel very drained.  Or maybe it's the medication, it's pretty potent stuff. 

At any rate all I feel is tired. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy he is not drinking!