Friday, November 7, 2014

If you don't ask...

The Bible publisher had a sale.  New Testaments for a quarter.  Really good looking New Testaments in my favorite version, NKJV. 

I mentioned it, and next thing I know my sponsors sent me over 350. 

What to do with so many Bibles? 

Walmart.  I have seen people doing fundraisers at Walmart, selling things and asking for money.  Maybe they'll let me do a Handout. 

I do know I need permission from the owner's agent.  

I won't ask for money, I won't bother anyone, and I'll be handing out something Walmart doesn't sell.  And, like my Dad used to say "If you don't ask the answer's always no." 

We went to Walmart today.  I asked.  It was kind of funny. 

Customer service.  Asked to see manager. 
Customer service made me tell them why, then referred me to manager. 
In the back. 
I went in the back. 
The manager told me he doesn't handle those issues, another manager. 
She'll be in at 9.    
A little after 9, I went back. 
Admin says she won't be in until after 11.
She suggests I leave a note, which I do.

So, we'll see.  I know they are doing a lot of holiday interviews.  All hands on deck, here it comes kind of thing.

I do hope they say yes.  It would be an epic handout.  

No comments: