Thursday, November 6, 2014

Whining

I believe in honesty.  So you will encounter a pity party. 

I woke up with a migraine at 1:36 this morning.  It was pretty severe, so I took some Excedrin and went back to bed.  If I can sleep after that, it's a migraine.  It was. 

I battled the migraine for about 12 hours, my usual.  I was able to sleep for a lot of it. 

When I sleep with a migraine I'm still hurting, but I am somewhat removed.  I also have very odd dreams. 

I got up about 8:30, I was able to sleep that long. 

I had to take another dose of painkillers, though.  I took a shower - a hot shower and some caffeine will often help.  It did, somewhat.  I did my God Time with a big, purring, Torbie obstacle in my lap. 

We had to work, so we did.  Ron didn't give us enough time.  I get cranky when I don't have enough time and I'm already working with a migraine. 

We bickered a little on the way home.  He did agree to give us more time in the future.  When we got home, I found 4 cases of Bibles on the doorstep.  That's a good day.  I hurried them into the house. 

We had a turnaround trip to go to a BBQ place. Ron has been very excited about it.  He is very picky about BBQ and loves it. 

He had his heart set on it, so I went, even though I was horribly queasy.  I did not want any meat.  Not a speck. 

Ron liked the cucumber salad, so I bought him a pint (with his money).  Ron really loves the brisket so he got an extra half pound to go. 

I managed to gag down some cheesecake (literally gagging at times), because I needed to take my meds.  I got them down and dealt with the ensuing nausea. 

Happily, I did not vomit.  On a 1-10 nausea scale it was a good 7 for most of the day, though.  Right now I'd give it a 6. 

I am also really groggy from the migraine - it's called the "Post-Ictal" stage. 

I did my best to be a positive dinner companion.  I didn't watch Ron eat and focused on positive topics. 

As a child, my life was ruled by my mother's illness.  Everything revolved around her symptoms and her needs.  I don't want to be that person.  Ron knew I wasn't optimal but I didn't beat him with it. 

I have been pretty queasy lately - but that doesn't mean Ron has to eat water and soda crackers.  It means I eat them, but he eats something he enjoys. 

He was very happy with dinner.  We even had a pretty good ride home.  He thanked me for going with him, even though I didn't feel very well. 

I'll get better, eventually. 

I just hope I sleep OK tonight. 

No comments: