Friday, November 21, 2014

Always and every day

I always want the Bad News first. 

I woke up with a nasty headache.  I couldn't take my antidepressant - if I have a severe headache (I only call them migraines if the nausea is present), I will vomit upon ingestion of said Wellbutrin.  I waste the medicine and I vomit.  So I don't. 

I had to work like that. 

Our guy with a truck, truck's broken.  We will have to take all our supplies on paratransit for the next 8 days.  I am NOT looking forward to that. 

I had to medicate the cats, and they both hate me right now (flea drops). 

The horrible woman at the warehouse was not fired, and working today, when we visited.  However, she was very subdued.  

That said, here's the good news: 

Torbie slept with me all night, and I got plenty of lap time too (which is now I noticed she was a fleabag and needed medicating).   She isn't speaking to me at all right now and ran away from treats. 

The headache left, pretty much, upon ingestion, of all things, powdered sugar donuts.  I don't care how it worked, it worked, pretty well at least.  The worst of the headache was gone around lunch, and I could take the antidepressant and all it's other psychiatric friends. 

Work wasn't bad.  Even though Ron ruptured a soda, we cleaned it up.  I got to service all the vending machines, in addition to helping Ron.  They are also making a handrail for the wheelchair ramp so Ron can get himself up and down by himself. 

Sales are down, so we won't need as much inventory transported on paratransit.  I've also put up an ad at work, soliciting drivers.  "You drive, I load and unload".  I hope someone bites.  Boy, do I hope - if they're nice and reliable. 

We had great trips, all of them. 

I got to hang out with the other vendors and some nice employees.  I was teasing one lady her drink would keep her "Young and beautiful!"  She liked that. 

When we got home, I ate and got all my meds down.  That's, like, the most important thing of the day, always and every day. 

When I got up, I started work on the beans.  I'm making a batch of Ron's favorite pintos.
_______________________ 

2 cups dry pintos
(soak overnight, pour off soaking liquid.  I like to add a little liquid smoke and a dash of pepper to the soak water). 

4 cups water
1/2 c to 8 ounce (half a one-pound bag) chopped, frozen, onions (to taste)
High quality spicy link sausage - 8 ounces or half a one pound link, chopped small.  I use Chappell Hill (a regional specialty).  Ground would work, too, but I'd brown it with the onions and then drain the grease, before adding to the beans. 
1/2 t black pepper (the beans will have spicy flavor from the sausage, and you can always add more)
1/2 t salt 

Simmer until done.  Mine are taking about 2 hours, but the beans are pretty old. 
_________________________________________________

If he likes the current batch, I'll get more sausage, make a monster batch the next time I'm manic, and can it.  Ron is happy to help with meal prep (chopping the sausage) and dish duty.

That's a good thing, because when I'm depressed I only have the energy to cook.  



No comments: