Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peggy

I went into my backyard today.  I was very unhappy. 

I have a cable junction box in my backyard.  I'm fine with that; not a big deal.  I'm not so happy with the cable guys coming in my yard "whenever" and doing their thing. 

I tend to be very territorial.  Not really with Ron so much, but definitely with "my" property, which I know isn't really "mine".  When you look at the deed restrictions, easements, etc, I'm lucky they let ME live here.  I get that.  I work on not being the wierd lady who yells if you walk on her grass.  I laugh at myself, wanting to "bark" at the "intruder". 

I do get twitchy about it.  In fact, one reason I am so tolerant of the people next door, they NEVER set foot on "my" property.  I had problems with all the other renters constantly coming into my yard.   So, they don't put up their trash cans, I can live with that. 

I like my privacy.  I like the illusion that I live in my own little bubble.  If you've seen photos of my property, you know I have a nice little yard. 

Imagine finding this: 

Not really happy, with the VERY LOUD ORANGE CORD running across my backyard.  It looks so ghetto.  It looked so bad, I thought they HAD to be stealing cable.  I checked it at the junction box.  It had a work order number. 

So, apparently they thought that was adequate.  Just connect it up, walk it across my yard, and run it through a hole in the fence?  Huh. 

I took my photos, put them on facebook, and waited for Ron to wake up.  When he did, I told him.  He was appropriately outraged and called the company. 

We agreed, it was remarkably like the commercials featuring "Peggy" - the terrible customer service. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIwxQjvfFI

Finally, he got through to someone.  He encouraged them to check out my Facebook profile with the photos; and told them we'd take the photos down when it was fixed. 

As "home invasions" go, this isn't a bad one.  The poor workmanship bothers me more than the intrusion.  Doesn't anyone take pride in a good job?  Or is it just "Give the minimum and get out"? 

2 comments:

icebear said...

lol, looks pretty crappy to me. they charged you for that?!t

Heather Knits said...

No way... it's for the people next door. We had problems with bad cable so we went with Direct TV instead. We call Direct, they send someone out in 24 hours. Whoever comes does a great job and the problem is fixed then and there.

I still have the cable hanging off my fence. Ick. I would NEVER use Comcast, if this is their idea of customer service.