Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A few days

I think I'm an odd mix, at times. 

On one hand, I am pretty completely open and transparent about my life.  I will share anything, if I think it might help someone else, or just make you appreciate your life. 

On the other hand, it's a sick world.  I have to be careful about what I do share, because anyone can read this blog. 

I have had something planned; something I have been unable to discuss due to security reasons.  It's something fun, for me, and it starts tomorrow.  I can't talk details because someone MIGHT be able to find me. 

Isn't that sad?  The only time someone actually "found" me,  I was with Ron.  We were at a warehouse club.  He was in the wheelchair.  We were arguing about who had the receipt.  A woman walked right up to me and said "You must be Ron and Heather from the message board!"  She was very nice. 

Another time, I asked a lady from that same message board, for a ride, and she helped me out.  I met her for the first time that night.  She was incredibly kind. 

Then, there's the guy.  He might read this, actually.  We met when I was about 10.  The school had kids paired up, playing tennis, and we were put together because no one chose either of us as a partner.  We started talking.  We're both extroverts.  I think he might also have FAS. 

Anyway, I've been in and out of contact with him for years.  In High School, we dated (his idea).  I just never had that spark for him, though.  I met Ron, and years later looked this guy up.  We talked a little, had lunch, and that was it for years.  We'd basically have lunch every couple years. 

I moved to Texas,finally married Ron, and changed my name.  I figured he wouldn't be able to find me.  I was wrong.  He found me somehow on the internet; sent me a note, didn't hear from him for years, then he "friended" me on Facebook. 

He's off in CA.  He's not coming to visit. 

However, I guess it's theoretically possible I could have a stalker.  A very quiet, non-posting stalker.   Still, two people did find me from the internet. 

So, I can't tell you now.  But it's fun, and good for me, and I will tell you all about it in a few days. 

No comments: