Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm sick of being sick. 

I KNOW I'm not drinking enough fluids, so I'm still in some pain from the bladder infection.  My goal is simple, whack it before I need to see a doctor, pay more money, and get MORE antibiotics. 

Too bad they don't have a doctor vending machine.  It would have things like pregnancy tests, antibiotics for bladder infections, anti-nausea stuff and hydration drinks for vomiting illnesses, burn ointment, etc. 

Which leads me to a peeve.  Years ago, our employee Debbie suggested we put home remedies into vending machines.  We could staple them onto cardboard, and then put them in.  I thought it was great, and started doing it.  My head was so massively screwed up, though, I had a hard time keeping the machine stocked. 

Very few people, at work, understand the concept of 2 vendors, 2 businesses.  They are constantly complaining to me, about their machines, and vice versa.  Anyway, the customers started telling the other vendor's wife, she needed to put the remedies in her machines.  She investigated, and decided to do it. 

Great concept, right?  Except she was putting in things like caffeine pills and drowsy-causing medication.  Bad idea.  People drive powered industrial trucks at work.  Someone got into an accident with one after taking HER drugs, and we all almost got thrown out.  AGH.  Not only that, our supervisor kept praising HER for the concept. 

There's no gracious way to say "It was my idea and she ripped it off."  The way he saw it, the first time he saw the remedies they were in her machine.  Mine was empty, because I was sick.  Therefore, it was "her" concept. 

No, actually, it was Debbie's.  My ideas featured the low-carb vending machine (everything in it was low-carb, but not a popular concept), the Value Line (still running that today, it has a modest profit), expresso in the coffee machine, the juice box, flavored water, and other concepts.  Ron's very supportive of my ideas.  I can't think of anything that made him say NO. 

Generally, it is no, no, yes.  Oh, boy, Heather, these things are selling like hotcakes!  [laugh] 

I like what I do.

Even when, like today, I had to get up, still feeling pretty lousy, and go to work.  Work was not a problem.  However, I had the equivalent of 2.5 PALLETS of soda to store.  I had piles of soda everywhere in my stockroom.  2 orders came in on the same day. 

Not only that, I had to check and stock the machines.  One of my snack machines wasn't working, I had to fix it.  It has an easy fix.  I also stocked 10 cases of soda into the vending machines. 

I started by putting about 40 cases of bottled soda drinks onto a handcart, driving it to the other stockroom, and unloading them.  I took the old merchandise off the stack, stacked the new inventory, and put the old on top.  "First-In-First-Out" FIFO.  Then, I put up the Cokes.  About 30 cases. 

But wait, there's more.  I had a pallet of Dr Pepper drinks.  Bottles, and cans.  I put them up.  You get the idea.  I was pretty exhausted. 

I did all my other chores, including checking the machine for bad codes, and removing them.  Finally, time to go.  Our ride was late, but at least I was sitting down. 

We came home and I took a nap.  I woke up, still tired.  Not really formally depressed, but very very tired.  I finally dragged myself out of bed. 

Tomorrow, happily, I have nothing planned other than a trip to Walmart.  I tried some of the Greek Yogurt, and I really liked it.  I want some more. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope you feel better soon...fatigue I understand and empathise!
Drink plenty of fluids!
Be well
And Greek yogurt is very yummy I agree!
Add some frozen fruit and you have frozen yogurt!

Rachel said...

Heather, apple cider vinegar capsules helped me kick a UTI. I don't like cranberry juice very much, and the ACV is erally inexpensive at Wal-Mart. You may want to try adding them for a week or so. Can't hurt!