Thursday, September 8, 2011

Don't buy the cheapest

I'm sitting here at my desk, absolutely delighted I bought the candles.  I went to Walmart, and they had some nice piney candles; probably in preparation for the holiday.  They have a great aroma, so I got some tealights.  I think this one only cost me a quarter, but it's money well spent. 

So, what did I do today?  I overslept, barely had time for my shower.  We went to the wholesale warehouse and I got the supplies; and I also found a cute jacket.  I need one in my size.  Now I have it.  I was going to go to Academy, but when I did they weren't in stock, and I told myself last year I'd get one, if needed, and they came back. 

We went home, and I organized the front room so I had room for the inventory.  I like to sort through it every few days. 

Ron made a trip to Burger King.  Our pickup was late, and our ride back home was early; so when we got there our ride was waiting.  Ron got his food to go and went back home. 

I ate, and then went to the fancy grocery store.  I'm on the hunt for coffee pods, the soft, tea-bag looking, single-cup things I need for my "Senseo" brewer.  I love the coffee, and really want some decaf. 

Most places have the hard plastic cups, with the concentrated coffee inside.  AGH.  Not what I want.  Ron had called the grocery store and they assured him they had the coffee. 

About this time, I had trouble walking.  My feet were killing me.  They have been for a while.  My cheapest, bottom-of-the-line sneakers don't offer support?  Huh! 

Let's not forget I am also packing an extra 50 pounds over my ideal weight.  I aim for honesty. 

I hobbled out of the store, resolving to go to Walmart and get some good hiker-type shoes.  I love my workboots, they are very comfortable, now that I'm used to them.  I wanted something like that, but not a boot.  It was becoming apparent I would HAVE to make the purchase. 

Happily, Ron had given me the money ($20) I spent on the coat.  I could afford a basic pair. 

I looked at the coffee aisle of the store.  They had K-cups.  They had ground.  They had beans.  They had "grind-your-own".  They had instant.  They DID NOT have any kind of Senseo coffee pod! 

As I stood there, looking at the display, I was very, VERY, happy Ron had saved me 3 bus rides and a mile of walking.  If he hadn't given me a ride, pretty much to the store, I would have been FURIOUS.  Especially since my feet hurt and I had to walk over from the bus stop - and back! 

I found some dried fruit that looked interesting, for the disaster kit.  I got that and some soda, and left. 

I checked out a Target, before going to Walmart.  They did not have any decaf coffee pods, or workable shoes.  I left, buying some instant decaf. 

Then, I went to Walmart.  I got a few little things I needed, viewed the 3 coffee pod flavors (same as Target), and got some insoles.  I have a brand I like.  I wish I had it here.  Anyway, I got the "heel and arch support" type.  The pain in my feet has also moved to my calves, and radiating up my calves.  I hobbled over to the shoes, and found a great pair of "hikers" on the first try.  My feet loved them from the minute I put them on.  Good. 

After checking out, I put them on, with the insoles, and had a much better trip home.  The pain in my calves went away almost immediately.  My feet feel a lot better. 

DON'T BUY THE CHEAPEST shoe, Heather! 

I called Ron and verified he wanted a bag of Flamin' Hot Munchies.  He adores them.  I got the candles, for me. 

I checked out, removed my old shoes, put them in a different tote bag, and wore my new shoes.  I went to Starbucks and got myself a cup of decaf with some real cream.  It was good; "plain" coffee with some fake sugar and cream.  I could do that on a regular basis and my system seems to like it. 

Then I came home.  I had really good rides and transfers, and got home very quickly. 

Ron just did the accounting report, and sales are better than last month.  Good. 

No comments: