Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dad with long hair

My mood cycles have changed.  I have been depressed for weeks past my due date.  Hopefully, I will get a little manic at least before my birthday next week.  From what I read, though, rapid cycles (my usual) are "bad" so this is a "good" thing, even though I have major fatigue and loss of interest. 

I can't talk about some plans, for obvious reasons.  Example: you will never read "Ron and I are going to make the deposit tomorrow".  Nope, I tell you AFTER the fact.  Same thing with certain plans, especially when you factor in the public transit.  Anyway, something fun, and not expensive, planned for next week. 

Speaking of money, I got paid today.  I knew I was depressed, when even after buying groceries, a a case of Diet Dr Pepper bottles, a 20 pound bag of cat food, and household supplies, I found I'd only spent $40 at Walmart.  I hate whiners. 

Got up, did my God Time (when I am really depressed I do the big prayer part in the evening, instead of the morning, because I have a better focus) Bible study, and then off to work.  We had several good trips, favorite drivers.  I wonder how we will pay for that in the future.  Our rides Monday were just awful. 

After work, we went to the bank, I got paid, and then we went to Walmart.  We had a lot of time, which was good, because I had to find the "right" printer cartridge and Ron wanted some headphones.  He doesn't like them; we will return them.  I got some candles.  I like burning a votive or tealight now and then, like I am now.  Candles are cheap, so I got a few. 

I got the other aforementioned stuff, and Ron and I discussed Bubba's diet.  Bubba loved the kitten food when Lucky was sniffing around (the little black kitten).  He took off after a couple of days (the kitten), so I was left with a couple pounds of kitten food. 

I noticed, when I fed Lucky, that Bubba loved the kitten food.  So, tonight, I mixed a little into his regular food.  He LOVED it.  He kept rubbing against my leg for hours. 

My allergies are pretty bad; I think it's due to smoke from the fires.  Most of them are contained, but I think my system is just a little haywire. 

I have a new routine: when we get picked up from Walmart I buy the driver a Happy Meal.  Most of them are getting us around lunchtime anyway.  Today's driver was so happy.  I'm glad I did it.  Glad I do it; and glad Ron is happy to give me a couple bucks to make it happen. 

Caregiving is one of my spiritual gifts, and I like to spoil everyone.  It's fun when people like it.  I could pay my flood insurance if I had a dollar for everytime a driver pulls up and says "I remember you!  You (fed me)!" 

I imagine, if I died in a horrible accident, you'd see a lot of yellow cabs in the parking lot at my funeral.  Onto happier thoughts, we have tomorrow off.  The machines were fine.  I got paid.  I made my deposit, so the hospital bill gets paid and I still have $20 or so for books, or whatever. 

(Adoptive) Mom and Dad are putting up vacation photos.  They look like they're having a GREAT time.  Good.  It is funny to see how much my Dad and I look alike.  I'm like, Dad with long hair.  I have more of a "rosebud" mouth (I've been told, by a therapist), but it's uncanny. 

What was really wierd for me, when I visited my aunt, to see how much I resemble my great-grandmother (Dads father's, mother).   It is really amazing.  I got her figure, too! 

Ugh.  Coughing a lot, really tired, going to bed. 

I'm praying for you,  and do so daily! 

Have a good one!

No comments: