Saturday, September 10, 2011

Care of an Invalid

Last night was pretty horrible.  The bugs that weren't there kept biting me.  Tonight, I go with my protocol and take TWO tablets.  [shudder]  Awful night. 

Yesterday we went to work, stocked, and had a fast food lunch before coming home.  It was a good day.  Even Ron has to grin at my enthusiasm.  I just love what I do; taking an empty vending machine and filling it with delicious treats. 

Today, we went to the warehouse and got more supplies.  I didn't need much.  We went to Walmart, and I got some soda.  I got plenty of decaf because I just KNOW caffeine aggravates the psychotic symptoms.  Then we came home, and I took a nap.  I decided last night, to wash all the bedding.  It's more psychological than anything, but it makes me feel better. 

Now that I have a cute winter jacket, the temperatures are well over 100 degrees every day, and forecast to be so for the next week.  EW.  Ron and I are coughing a lot.  Smoke from the wildfires. 

It isn't overt, walking out of the house to a burnt smell or anything, but I notice a lot of haze, and people everywhere are coughing. The experts are telling us to stay indoors as much as possible. 

After my nap, Ron and I went to a KFC/Taco Bell combo restaurant.  They are both owned by Yum foods, which also has Pepsi.  I got a couple of tacos and Ron got his chicken.  He's been craving some extra crispy for a week or two. 

We had excellent rides today, truly excellent. 

When I checked the mail, I got my check for jury duty, along with a note thanking me for my "unselfish service to the community".  I was happy to serve, happy to go, willing to be objective and impartial.  I didn't do anything to disqualify myself, and I had plenty of opportunities. 

Heck, I could have done "Care of an Invalid" - exemption and skipped going downtown altogether. 

I was willing to serve, and happy to serve, and I thank God I was not chosen for the case.  It was a horrible felony sex crime. 

No comments: