Tuesday, February 1, 2011

At least twice!

Today I woke up to winds, gusting to about 60 mph.  They were so severe they blew the lawn chair off the front porch, into the red-tips, about 15 feet away.  Yike. 

I just KNEW IT.  I knew the cold front would come in the middle of the night and GET us.  To hell with the forecast, I brought in my plants. 

Boy, I'm glad I did.  I laid in bed under my nice warm blankets (one of them purchased from Harbor Freight for $10 - a nice warm 3 pound wool blanket), looking at my plants all warm and cozy in the corner.  Bubba came home, soaking wet.  I dried him off as he stood there, so regal. 

I had a very good day, actually.  Ron and I went to the little Taqueria for breakfast.  Yum.  I love the diversity of Houston Cuisine.  Ron had Chilaquiles.  Some kind of egg dish?  I had a regular omlette, and a cheese quesadilla. 

I wore my usual cold weather gear, and I was nice and warm.  With the wind chill, it felt like the 20's all day. 

It took me a while to sort out all my stuff.  I needed my fingerless gloves, regular gloves, cash, wool hat, backup wool hat, neckwarmer, heavy coat, fleece coat, bus pass, house keys, etc.  It took a while.  Now I am all set to go for tomorrow, too. 

After breakfast, Ron went home.  I went to the store and got some soda.  I also have a bag of smoked almonds running around somewhere in my bag. 

I went out to the bus stop.  Cold weather kept all the creeps at home.  I was toasty, I didn't even need to use my hot hands hand warmer. 

I caught the bus, I had planned to go to Starbucks and then my meeting; but realized that wouldn't work.  Next time, maybe. 

I had a good meeting.  Anonymous and all.  I can say that one of the ladies insisted I get a book of daily readings.  She told me, "If you only get one book you must get this one!"  So I got it. 

Afterwards, we went out to lunch.  One of the ladies gave me a ride home, and I took it.  It was cold!  I was very tired, too. 

I went home after checking on the plants.  Gale-force gusts had not disturbed my plant covers.  Yay.  Huge flock of birds, so I spread more seed.  Poor things aren't used to this kind of weather. 

I hope Dum-dum the dog, next door, has enough sense to stay in her dog house with the blanket.  I'll ask God to put it in her head. 

I was exhausted.  I went to bed and slept about an hour.  When I woke up, massively depressed.  I finished covering my plants and fed the birds again.  Hungry fellows. 

Then I watched a little TV, battled the mood, took my pills, ate a snack, took a nice hot bath.  Mood is OK now.  Now I'll do my God Time and go to bed. 

The leftovers from breakfast will taste great tomorrow, and I put my fake "snuggie" in my tote bag.  I will be waiting outside on Metrolift at least twice tomorrow. 

No comments: