Sunday, February 27, 2011

Don't feed it and maybe it will go away.

I had a pretty good weekend.  I got a good night's sleep on Friday, woke up Saturday, and went with Ron to a Starbucks.  I went to Walmart. 

I got 3 bags of awesome-looking topsoil for my raised bed, and some peatmoss.  I took a cab home.  I did up the garden bed, it looks good.  I went to bed early. 

Today, we got up early and went to Foodtown.  It was "magic hour" for ground beef - discounted to $1 a pound.  I got about 8 pounds, came home, made cheddarburgers, and smoked them.  Then I froze the burgers. 

I did a little gardening, and then we went out to eat.  Some exciting drivers.  {rolleyes]  I really want a drama-free life.  I don't want all my drivers to be warm and cuddly; but I really fear riding with some of them.  I worry if I'll get out of the vehicle under my own power.  Happily, I did. 

I wonder, how do you tell a very needy, clingy, emotional vampire what they are?  Especially when they have reality issues, and are currently operating a piece of machinery with the capacity to ruin the rest of my life, if not end it? 

Me?  I just tried not to feed it.  Me, not talking... but I did it.  I just spoke to the other client; which angered the driver.  I just figure, if I don't feed it, it will go away.  

He kept saying things like "Where can I meet a woman like you, who will love me the way you love Ron?"  That's not for me to say.   The first time, I gently suggested that love comes when you stop looking, and if someone comes off as very needy they will frighten people. 

We suggested a dental discount plan, because he kept complaining about his teeth.  We gave him the number.  It's a good program, Ron and I have used to for years.  We don't get anything but a warm and cozy feeling if we make a referral. 

The guy was telling us that he was confused by the paperwork, and he wanted us to make him promises about what he could get done and all on his teeth?  Oh, boy.  What is so hard about filling out your name and address?   Sending a check for $X? 

The pricing sheet was included, and I got him to admit he saw it, so what is the whole "I don't know what is covered" stuff?  I'm going to suggest to Ron, that if the guy calls, to refer him back to the program or say "Maybe it won't work for you, and you should keep looking for something more in line with your needs."  I don't care if he gets the plan or not, and upon reflection I'd really rather he not see my dentist. 

I am not going to get sucked into the "Peep-Peep!  Help me!  Help me!" game.  It's just a way to get attention, and it was obvious to me, from the way the guy was asking ME and not listening to Ron, that it's just a way to get some attention, from me.  UGH. 

I had that happen a few times with computers, friends of Ron would get lonely and want us to come "fix their computer".  We would, and then a week later we'd get another phone call "Remember what you told us not to do?  Well, we did it.  You HAVE TO COME FIX IT!"  Why?  They weren't paying us.  We had to ride, minimum, 2 hours each way.  They weren't even paying our bus fare!  We were both working full-time.  We told you not to do it.  So, when I said no, suddenly the problems stopped. 

/Some people just make me uncomfortable.  Needy, emotional, vampires with reality issues really bother me.  I want to get away from them as fast as I can.  I really don't want to put my safety in their shaking hands.  But God wants me there, in that vehicle, weaving all over the road as the guy rants on about his father's mental illness. 

Oh, Boy. 

No comments: