Tuesday, August 17, 2010

That was unpleasant

Well, that was unpleasant.

I realized my last post was unkind. Yes, I find it offensive when ignorant women objectify themselves and try to manipulate those around them; that doesn't mean I have to be hatey about it. God will deal with them, and they must have obvious self-esteem issues.

Huh. They probably feel very threatened when they see me READING at the bus stop. I never considered that.

So, I apologized to God, and I am choosing to leave the comments up to show that I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, but when I see that I have, I repent and do my best to make it right.

I was telling Ron, I resent it when women objectify themselves. Anyway, that led to him asking me "What did you say to that guy that made him think he could make a move?" I told him the same thing I told him before; that I felt unappreciated and undervalued.

"That's not true" Ron barked. "Well, were you TELLING ME?"

[baffled shrug] I don't see any way to tell Ron; in a way he will not view as an attack. I was not saying any of this in an intention to attack Ron, just saying "It hurts me when Ron drinks, and I wish he could stop". I have been saying it for years.

I guess this time, the guy thought it was his golden chance. I thought we were just work friends. He saw it as far more.

I have told Ron that; and he keeps going on about how I "Need to keep it professional". I said, I am being very professional. I am not saying or doing anything unprofessional. I am polite.

No, Ron says. I need to me more than polite, I need to be friendly, like he is. I tell Ron, friendly got me stalked and I'm not doing that again. He says it was my fault because I gave "signals".

What? When I was backing away, or when I was yelling NO? How about when I told him "Leave me alone?" ten thousand times the next time I saw him and he kept pestering me? Which one of those times was I giving him the wrong signal?

I told Ron, the last time he got extremely drunk and couldn't work I just said you were "unwell". Do you want me telling them all of it, like I used to?

No, he doesn't want that.

I don't think the man knows WHAT he wants, but he needs to stop poking at this. Ron told me he told Romeo "Things need to go back like they used to be."

HELL NO. I am not getting stalked or raped just so Ron feels we have a happy family; and if he wants to be angry at people he needs to look at his own behavior. Why were the only kind words Heather got coming from another man?

A man she REJECTED, by the way.

2 comments:

heidi said...

I am detoxing off sugar again and I have a horrid headache but wanted to catch up (had a bad food month last month and have to get back to the low carb ways ..wow you have had your handsful! I love the videos of you and Ron both ..you are an ambassador not only for folks with bipolar or FAS but also for the human race! good for you and your great mind!

Heidi said...

PS tell Ron I love that song Melanie was one of my favorite artists ..omg I am OLD!!!! very cute he calls it your song! she is adorable! so are you!