Monday, August 9, 2010

Hatey McHater

Ron got pretty rowdy last night. He has been having ongoing neuropathy issues, and took an extra neurontin.

Later on, he had a beer. [clutching head in hands]

Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to hear Ron shouting and rolling the wheelchair all over the house. You think I kid. I'm not. I will say he parked it properly after his jaunt but he kept me up most of the night.

Come pickup time he wasn't riding! So, I got out my phone. Good old Yellow Cab. Good old Diet Mountain Dew to get me going.

Good old "Heather" credit card on Ron's account (for times like this). Good old Greg who picked me up.

I decided I could be a hater. I could get really angry about how my husband FAILED me. I could tell everyone what happened.

Or, I could just say the truth, Ron didn't feel well. I got up so I could go to work, so I could just WORK without being the Hatey McHater. I could ask God to help me take my thoughts captive, ask Him to give me gracious thoughts and speech, and ask Him to put His thoughts in my head, words in my mouth, and love in my heart.

I did that. Ron called and was quite belligerent. Eventually he sobered up enough to realize "If Heather went to work by herself, there was a GOOD reason for it!"

When I got dressed (at home of course), I wore my favorite microfiber t-shirt and pants. I wore my favorite perfume. I brought my beloved purple baseball cap. I assumed Ron would not make it into work, so I brought my bus pass so I could ride home.

Well, he did make it into work. I had done most of the work by then. I got him his wheelchair and took care of him. I kept asking God all the requests over and over, though.

I very nicely told him I needed some alone time and would be taking the bus when I finished. He understood completely. He was still vigorously beating himself up. It is my hope that he realize alcohol and medication are not compatible, AT ALL.

I went out and JUST missed the bus. I walked about half an hour to the transfer point (note - I DID NOT see another local bus so I made the right call, I would have been standing in the heat at one of those "Pole in the ground" bus stops for half an hour in a really bad area). I also got my cardio for tomorrow. :)

I got there and just caught the bus I wanted, to the mall. Then, a lovely hour long wait in the sun and humidity on the next bus. I did get all my Bible study and prayer time done. Along with some knitting.

Finally, the next bus came. I had to ride it for an hour to get to my destination. I got off and went to Academy. I got another pair of warmup shorts.

I have never been one for a shopping spree, but if I won one, or a large gift card, I would love Academy. Perfect for my style type. I "want" more women's clothing items there than I do at just about any other store. Most stores I find laughable. Especially the dramatic styles... NOT me.

Academy has cute, sporty, type clothes. Perfectly Heather. You will note, in my album, in virtually every photo I am wearing a t-shirt. They make t-shirts a lot of fun.

Anyway, I walked out of there very happy. They have some cute sport bras so I will be back.

I went to Starbucks. I had "my" drink and did some more knitting. Then I went to a grocery store I seldom visit and got some little items for myself (non-perishable, we had a heat index of 108 today). Ron wanted pork rinds, so I got him a bag.

I got my rides home and got in around 3. I freshened up and had a lovely nap.

I'm pretty proud of myself. It would have been easy to let anger poison my whole day, but I refused.

Tomorrow, we take a huge bag of cat litter to visit Ron's elderly friend. :)

2 comments:

heidi said...

stopping by for a dose of Heather ..holy crap you have had quite a week!!!!
be strong woman ..you have a lot on your shoulders and like Zer said lemons to lemonade...I have been so down I have to listen to that in my head!

I am in need of medication again and not a bit afraid to ask ..I am really depressed..very anxious ...and I need chemical help right now...so I called my doctor and hopefully I will hear back

OOOOXXXXX

I am going to google Academy is it a chain?

Elvie said...

Glad that you managed to get yourself to work. Bless you.