Monday, August 2, 2010

I EXPECT trouble

Today went pretty well. We went into work. "Romeo" is doing is "injured lover/ignoring me" routine. It involves slamming his stockroom door in my face when he hears me in the hall. Ron wanted to go to the peacemaker thing - I said NO. I would much rather be obviously ignored than to have him chasing me around begging to "talk" again, calling me names, and probably making ADDITIONAL passes. I am never at work without Ron, so Ron can go and transact business with him. I'm NOT going near him. [shudder] So, things are OK.

I am also wearing a fanny pack. Said fanny pack has my pepper spray. Enough said. I don't think he's going to commit financial suicide by coming after me.

NOW I can tell you about the demonic attack. If you're a long time reader, you'll recall a few months ago I had a lot of irate vendors; the bank had sent checks with the wrong account number, the checks got returned "No Such Account". Really ugly there with one vendor. A lot of overdraft fees and bad tempered vendors (they had every right to be pissed), too.

Ron had called one company and told them - you need to tear up this check. DON'T CASH THE CHECK, come get another. The check was for an amount over $400 - felony level. Nothing! We kept making orders, paying for them, and I kept wondering...

This weekend we got a letter from a process server. Ron's name, felony, bad check, warrant... AGH! Ron must have made me read it 3 times. We started making phone calls.

Ron was kidding about getting arrested in his wheelchair. I mean, it could ONLY happen to us!

Now, it's all cleared up now. However, I was expecting something along those lines. Whenever I do a Big Bible Handout I always get some kind of attack. Heck, last year I got attacked by a stray cat (that took a while to heal), shot in the leg with a BB gun (fortunately bounced off), and then let's not forget the Horrible Hives of Biblical proportion, covering 45% of my body for 2 months. And coming up allergic to my antidepressant and developing months of ghastly depression as a result! Yeah, I expect trouble!

I was a little freaked out when I came home last Tuesday, because Ron was groaning in bed. Something about a can of dip and ENTIRE bag of pork rinds. Fortunately that's all it was, poor me, I double-checked my hospital bag! "Wake me up if you need to go to the hospital!" AGH.

Anyway, I slept great. Ron is NOT going to jail. Work went well; I found it interesting that the guy who wanted me to cheat with him said he didn't have enough money at hand to buy a small bucket of quarters. I believe him. God can't bless you if you're breaking His rules!

I am not saying it in a mean way, I am seriously praying for his marriage every day. I would love to see it restored. I know I pray for my own marriage and Ron has said, repeatedly, that things have never been better. I'm communicating so much better now, he says. I give credit where it's due, God. I just got smart enough to ask for the help He was completely willing to give!

Ron talked to his friend, the guy we visited on Friday. John has some mobility issues in addition to being legally blind. He utilized a cat toy I made (basically a reinforced loop on a string) to work as a remote door closer. Pretty cool. No wonder God put it in my head to make that shape!

People aren't buying many snack foods, but they are going after the cold drinks. In this heat, understandable. I was amazed we needed to stock 2 bags of HOT CHOCOLATE? Ugh. Even if I could do sugar, just the idea of hot cocoa is so revolting in this heat and humidity.

We also talked to our soda vendor. We will be expanding, they will loan us a soda machine to put in a location outside of "work". I think it will be great for everyone concerned. Ron is the boss - his name on the license and DBA. I'm happy being "Assistant Manager". Ron decided to only charge 50 cents a can. Wow... that's going to be popular.

In about 20 minutes, I'll go outside and go mow the yard. Hot heat.. but then I can enjoy having tomorrow off without some wild tangle of grass haunting me.

I have considered doing a BBH tomorrow, but don't feel God telling me to "go", so I guess it WILL be a day off, except for the typical Driver Candy.

No comments: