Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Heavy metal

This morning I got up at 5 AM to do my weight workout. Still running a little depressed and brooding about last night.

I got my MP3 player and hit it. I started with the squats, moved into bench presses, then every kind of deadlift in the world. I felt like an animal slapping plates on the barbell. After the deadlifts I had to take them off so I could actually use the barbell for my other things! I had a great, hour long workout.

I was listening to Disciple http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcM0MJXYGAQ, doing all these hardcore weight movements... wearing my pink sport bra and baggy warmup shorts. When I finished, I peeled everything off and threw it in the washer (whew!), drank my protein shake in the kitchen, and took a shower. After that, I got dressed in "normal" clothes and did my God Time.

Something funny about heavy metal and powerlifting/pink sport bra/heavy metal/evangelist/caregiver/stocking job/doing my God Time. But that's who I am. God created me for this. God created me to fill a unique role in His Kingdom. I feel very comfortable; this is who I am.

UGH. Hot flash. [sigh] Well, a lot better than depression, but kind of funny. I am having hot flashes like I'm in menopause and my cycles have never been more regular IN MY LIFE. Very funny, actually. Even the cramps are better. [fanning myself] A LOT better than depression! I don't need to pull up the posts from September to March to recall that!

So, I did my God Time. I had plenty of time to pray for everyone (including you). Then I worked and did up some Driver Candy. I read a book recently that stated every Christian has "Their own special harvest somewhere in the world. We need to identify it, sow into it, and prayerfully help gather it into God's Kingdom." Good point. So, it was completely normal for me to hand out half the driver candy to other passengers on the service today.

Ron was pretty groggy and slow, again, today. We just went to Walmart. During his last drunken blackout, he somehow broke the plastic chair on the front porch. I forgot to mention that as I grieved over him crashing, falling, and cursing, God reminded me that "I love Ron even more than you do, Heather." What a comforting thought. I was not crying alone.

So, I got Ron into "his" cart and we compared various chairs. He really thinks it is a big deal for me to pick up and move things. Not a problem at all! I love being active. I lined up all the contenders and he picked the plastic "Adironack" style chair. It's blue, I got to pick the color. It looks great with the white lattice and the orange house.

I told Ron, I'm like a parrot. I love bright colors.

We got all Ron's stuff and he asked me if I wanted anything. I found an interesting weightlifting magazine, so he got me that and some Diet Rite Cherry Cola. Yum.

Then we just came home and took it easy. I TRIED to take a nap but Mr Naughty Kitty decided to drag his toy around all over the house and wake me up! I "punished" him with kisses and a hug.

No comments: