Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not letting depression kick my butt

Running a little depressed today. I just got paid, a day off, pretty nice weather considering (we had a breeze today), and no motivation. UGH.

I downloaded some Disciple and Theocracy last night. Good, good, stuff. I love the intense metal jams praising Jesus. I see that look! Don't worry, I won't make you listen. You can Youtube it if you're curious.

So, I fried my brain with Theocracy, Whitecross, and Disciple all day. I dragged my butt off the couch. I checked the mail and saw a terrifying envelope from THEM. I did not open them, if I had it was nothing to worry about!

I said "I'll just do my deposit and see how that goes". I did the deposit, and the "Deposit you can eat!" was a big hit with the tellers (candy + scripture booklet).

I went to my favorite gas station and got a bucket of iced tea, some pringles (!), and 4 bottles of diet pop. Ron gave me some extra bonus money. I waited a while on my bus and mentally kicked myself for leaving my backpack at home (with extra antidepressants). AGH. Then I reminded myself, I'm in spiritual warfare. I am FIGHTING. The bad guy is certainly going to FIGHT BACK.

I love a great quote from Brother Yun "The Devil is like a dog on a leash. God allows him to attack us from time to time to keep us sharp." Absolutely true.

My bus came and the driver acted like the candy would bite him. I put it back in my bag, reminding myself that God uses rejection to keep me focused.

I honestly think I would be ineffective, if everyone fawned all over me, I never had a mood swing, and I was profusely and constantly praised. I reminded myself that the "No"s make the "Yes"s better.

I guess a part of me DOES want everyone to go, "OH, thank you SO MUCH!" [laugh] Well, I'm human, and that is a pretty rugged bus route, one of the worst in Houston. I'm surprised any of the drivers accept the candy, but you can see my photos. I'm clean and sane-looking. I don't fit a troublemaker profile and the first thing I do upon entering the bus is pay my fare.

So, I got off the bus and went to the Christian bookstore. New employees. I got a children's Bible. For some reason God was pretty loud on the subject. [shrug] Yessir. I got a few other items and paid up, then went to Starbucks.

Whenever I was alone, I had my music. It's important. I left my hat at Starbucks. Oh, well.

Then I went home. It took a while on the bus, but I made it.

Ron says on occasion "Another pointless day". I don't agree, it had significance, but kind of odd. Mainly Heather doesn't let depression corner her type of day. Oh, and I did get my new photos from the Blood Center - the ones they'll use in the publicity campaign next year. Look at the end of the slideshow.

I have NO idea what I'm doing for dinner. About the only certain thing is Mom & Dad's weekly phone call. Oh, and a disaster movie on Sci-fi.

No comments: