Tuesday, April 15, 2008

VERY insulted

Well, the meeting went fine. It was mainly so the other vendor could get the Plant Manager to make some guarantees about his vending machines [rolleyes]. So why even drag us into it? I didn't appreciate everyone (the two consultants, the other vendor and his wife) giving me the lecture on don't get upset. I TAKE MY PILLS for God's sake. I'm not going to have a hissy fit. I am insulted, to be honest. I was the one who thanked her for putting commercial microwaves into the building, saving us the expense. Everyone else was concerned about their issues. So who behaved better? The one who recognized and appreciated her efforts, or the one who was thinking "Me me me"? But who got the lecture? Who hit the other vendor's wife? Ron? Me? No, the other vendor pushed me once when he was very angry about something, and he prevented me from leaving the hallway. Sounds like HE needs a lecture. But no, old "crazy" gets the lecture. VERY insulting.

I'm glad I have this thing, I didn't realize how angry I was until I started typing. It got better from there. The repairman stood us up.

When we got home, I took a run. We had some contractors working in the park. I was wearing an oversized pink t-shirt, slightly baggy leggings, appropriate garmets, and my running shoes. As I was running, I heard mean-spirited snickers. I was running, I tried to ignore it. Everytime I ran past them, they'd start up with the laughter again. Sick.

I found it less insulting than the lecture this morning, though. That's sad. Besides, they've never run a half marathon. I have. 2004. 3 hours 2 minutes. All the real runners are laughing but I'm a slow runner. My best time was a 12 minute mile.

Happily, the run made it all better. I came home, ate, took my pills, and took a nap with Bubba cat. After I woke up, Ron and I cleaned up the garage. Now I can lift my weights! Yay!

No comments: