Friday, April 11, 2008

Ron gave me the day off. Mostly. We went to Walmart and bought him a card table for his computer. While we were there, I grabbed another pair of the size 20 misses shorts. The 18 bermudas looked to be a pretty close size, so I got a pair of them, too. They fit well, but a tad too tight for me to wear them in public. No muffin top, but I could see the line of my underwear.

We had an employee who used to wear clothing 2 sizes too small. She had the "muffin top" of soft white belly fat erupting over the waistband of her clothes, and seams stretched to near-bursting. It was so bad we actually had customers complaining, demanding she wear properly sized clothing. Ron did it. I don't know how, but he had her laughing about it and agreeing to wear more appropriate clothes to work. I don't want people to view me the way I viewed her "God, the poor thing is in total denial about her size. She really thinks she is a size 12."

When my measurements drop another half inch, I'll try them on again. If they look appropriate, I'll wear them. I love bermuda shorts and they are "in" this year. I want to wear them.

In the meantime, I've got 2 pairs total of the size 20 Misses shorts. I just checked the dryer. My poly/cotton black shorts are dry. I figure they'll be good for work, and I can buy a pair in each size down to goal if I want for $20. I might.

After we brought the card table home, we went to Burns' BBQ in Acres Homes. It's not considered a good or safe neighborhood but the BBQ is fantastic, according to Ron. I am avoiding sauced things for now. I have pork chops, cooked hamburger patties, and some sirloin tip steaks in my fridge right now. I've got plenty to eat. I did tease Ron about the bread they gave us. He said no and we gave it to the freind who drove us. Let's hope he uses it to feed some ducks.

I'm hungry and lazy. I'm going to go eat that fried egg that's leftover from breakfast. You take care!

No comments: