Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I had to take two days off (working out) due to aches and pains. I don't want to be one of those people I don't respect, who keep running and working out on an injury until they've totally crippled themselves. Not to mention, my job requires a good amount of physical activity.

Anyway, today was a busy day. Case in point, I just had to put a load of clothes in the dryer. I went to work, went to the grocery store, came home, took a nap, woke up, mowed the yard (took about an hour), worked out, fired up the BBQ, made Ron some cheddar burgers, and ate some bacon for dinner. No wonder I'm tired.

We do have tomorrow off, so that means I can catch up on housework, gardening, and weed-whacking the backyard. I plan to run and lift some weights (upper body) for fun. Really, it is. Today I did squats and deadlifts, and I'm sure my back, butt, and legs are going to let me know it tomorrow. I don't mind a little soreness the next day, at least I know I did some good.

Last week, my thighs were in agony after my powerlifting. Good, build up some muscle, burn some fat. I'm eating plenty of protein so I don't have to worry about that.

I was running a little depressed today until I took a B-50. I do better when I take them. I don't like to take them everyday because they're not balanced, but I'm not averse to taking a B-50 now and then when I'm running depressed. I also made sure to take my minerals Cal-Mag-Zinc.

I bought a couple of the commercial low-carb nutrition bars today. I was caught at the grocery store and the only ready-to-eat meat available was chicken. Normally, I hate chicken. I only seem to crave it when I'm PMS'd. I didn't really think my meal choices through when I was packing my lunch, so I got the nutrition bar. I've been skeptical of them in the past because I believed they stalled me on the weight loss, but they didn't knock me out of ketosis today.

I certainly engaged in enough physical activity to burn off any extra carbohydrates. One hour of lawnmowing, and 15 minutes of weightlifting will do it. If I seem to tolerate them alright, then I may eat one or two a week. I got in the bad habit (before) of eating a couple of the bars a day and then wondering why my weight loss stalled.

I still plan to consume most of my food as "real food". Another good thing I did today will help me transition away from the diet sodas. I bought some canned flavored seltzer water. It's just carbonated water and some flavoring, no artificial anything added. I didn't like the first can. The second can was OK. But by the time I hit the 3rd can I was happy. It's got a nice flavor, bubbles, and it comes in a familiar aluminum can. I can't seem to go from straight soda to straight tap water, this will be a nice little stop on the road. It's got bubbles, I'm happy.

Tomorrow Ron wants me to install some computer software and we're going to Wendy's for lunch, we'll see how it works with the other stuff I need to do. I'm going to try to be very nice to myself.

Oh, my weight loss has stalled but I lost an inch off my butt last week, and about an inch off my ribcage this week. I'm happy. Don't forget, if you're doing low-carb, to measure as well as weigh yourself in the morning.

No comments: