Saturday, April 26, 2008

I love my present

Ron recently did something nice for himself and bought a modest set of speakers for his computer. A few days ago, he told me he wanted to spend an equal amount of money on me. Nice. What would I like?

I thought and thought. I like this about me, I'm content with my lot. I don't need much. I don't even want all that much now that I'm properly medicated.

I finally told him: A dumbell rack and plate tree. I have dumbells ranging from 1 pound to 25 pounds. They clutter up the floor and are great items to trip over when you're in a hurry. In the gym (garage) they attract spider webs if I don't use them enough. I looked online. The cheapest ones were about $70. Ouch.

I also need a plate tree. I have large, heavy, metal plates that go on my barbells and dumbells. They range from one pound all the way up to 25 pounds. They take up even more room and are especially dangerous to unclad toes. That's not good.

So, Ron's thrilled. I want organizational tools (I am messy). I want fitness equipment so I can get healthy. His question? How much. It looked like, off the internet, I was looking at about $150. Ouch.

We went to Academy Sporting goods. I found a dumbell rack for $30 and a plate tree for a little over $30 - it's Olympic and will hold my large plates (the little plates can go on bars mounted on the side of my large exercise thing). Ron said, you can spend more. I'll tell you when to stop. I looked at the clothes. Horizontal striped t-shirts - horrible horizontal stripes. Cute workout gear but I've got cute gear at home. I'm also losing weight so it's pointless to buy more. When I go down another size, I can buy more at Walmart.

Sport bras. Got 'em. I might get another one on Monday at Walmart.

I'm looking and looking. The only thing I could find that really interested me was a 12 pack of headbands (sweatbands). I hate it when sweat drips into my eyes during a workout. Ick. I got a 12 pack of black, and singles of blue and red. I'm good.

"Is that it?" Yes, it is. I'm very happy with my new toys. They're going to make my workouts so easy!

I assembled them today while Ron's at work. He's going to help tighten everything up when he gets home. It's easy, he says. Easy for him!

Today is a nice relaxing day off. I slept as late as I wanted, and the only things planned are cooking up some cube steaks in the fridge, doing some dishes, and my workout.

I also lost half an inch off of both my hips and waist (overnight). Yeee-haw. In addition to that, I've lost another inch off my hips alone. If I lose a half an inch off my waist, I'll be a size 18.

I also lost 2.5 pounds overnight. Certain times are really fun for me. It's like, getting my accrued weight loss for the last couple weeks all at once. I'm going to be very careful what I eat today so I don't screw this up.

No comments: