Monday, April 14, 2008

Scraping them off

As advertised, I went to Footlocker today and bought myself 5 cute t-shirts in a size Large, no "X's" at all. I also got a new pair of work shoes in black (not just gray) because they are comfy and I love them. The $10 price tag is just gravy.

We had a lot of running around today (at my request) but I was glad we did it. I went to work, filled the machines, received deliveries, helped Ron, did a "Pull", counted the money, went to the bank, got paid, paid Ron back $10 he loaned me, went to the mall, got t-shirts, got Ron Olive Leaf, ate, went to Sears (and saw NOTHING of interest), went to Walmart, get stuff we needed, discovered they were out of cat food, got the shoes, got my pills, etc. I was pretty beat by the time we got home and took a nap.

Frosty is the most precious cat ever. EVER. He got up on the bed with me and sniffed around at the covers. I held them up (he likes to get underneath, sniff around, and leave). This time, he got completely under the covers, curled up next to me (I was on my side so I was spooning him) and went to sleep. An hour or two later, he came out and left. I've never had a cat do that with me and I was deeply touched. He is such a little lump of sugar. He was even cute for Mom when she came to visit.

Ron had some CD's out in the garage. We crack the garage door so the cats can get in and out. Unfortunately, the wasps can get in and out also. They had camped out on the suitcase holding the CD's, building a huge nest the size of my shoe (and I wear a Men's 9W). Ron was impatient and went out looking for it. Thank God he didn't find it. I went out and poisoned the nest (sorry, I try to be organic but when it comes to stinging things I'm not).

I then scraped the poisoned nest off the suitcase and brought it in the house. I had to clean the suitcase (all the poison), and then I could tell Ron it was "safe". Many hand-washings later (like Pilate) I ate my dinner. Ron just commented that he found Pat Benatar next to Willie Nelson in the case. He's got eclectic tastes.

Tomorrow we have the meet and greet with the Plant Manager. I'll review my Dale Carnagie tonight and figure out what to wear. I'm kind of bloated so I don't think the bermuda shorts would work. Fortunately, I have my trusty 20 Misses with the elastic waist. Not glamorous, but they are a modest length, work-appropriate, and I'll be wearing my fanny pack anyway. I'm just a skeptical cynic. Why is this necessary? I believe in keeping a low profile at work.

It's not my choice, though. I pray we get a late milk delivery so I can receive it.

No comments: