Thursday, April 10, 2008

I've shrunk 3 sizes in 6 weeks

I'm down to a size 20 Misses, at least in the Walmart sizes. I'm a "solid" 20 Misses at some companies, and according to my size chart ("American Clothing sizes - Women). However, some stores have various sizes for people. According to Land's End, I'm an 18. No way, that is classic vanity sizing - selling a size 12 as a size 10. Sears has peculiar sizes, much smaller than the other companies. Most companies allot a 10 inch difference between waist and hips (which I maintained as a size 6 teenager, all the way up to size 22W, my biggest ever). They only allocate 9. That means my waist will be loose and my hips will be tight. No thanks.

As a reward, I plan to buy myself a nice pair of bermuda shorts. Walmart doesn't have many size 20 Misses items, I was lucky to find the shorts I purchased. But I can order myself a pair online because I want to and I feel I deserve a treat. I plan to order them online after I get paid Monday.

Anyway, I am totally happy, thrilled, delighted. I finally got a good rest last night and a good nap today. All my pills are onboard and my mood's good.

I drank enough water today. I felt a little bloated (PMS), so I'm brewing up some Essiak tea. It's a gentle detox (not a laxative tea, which causes bloody diarrhea with me), liver and kidney supporting type tea. The ham I had with dinner had sugar in it, and it spiked my blood sugar. I was craving something sweet so I added a licorice spice teabag to the mix. That's got a wonderful flavor and is good for the immune system too. The next time I buy ham, it will have NO ADDED SUGAR. I don't need to sabatoge myself with cravings.

I tripped over my IKEA plastic desk chair when I was fat and cracked it. It cracked a little more the other day. I'm glad I can just get a new seat, in a different color even, for $10.

Priorities after I get paid: budget for psychiatrist visit ($60), buy myself 5 smaller t-shirts at the store - $20, buy bermuda shorts, probably less than $30. Then I split the rest and budget one half for each week until I get paid again. I can eat for cheap.

I'm eating frozen green beans like they're going out of style recently. I'm eating them within my allowances, but I'll be glad when my garden starts producing green beans. Tasty. We had some fresh tomatoes the other night. Boy, they were good. My "Bush Goliath" is loaded with fruit. I hope they taste as good as they look.

Tomorrow when I'm out in the garden I need to cut some collards back. They get pretty wild if I let them. I'll eat some and give some away to our friend at work.

No comments: