Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Not gloating

I'm trying very hard, not to gloat.  As you know, Sunday night my neighbor had a very loud party, running late.  He got to sleep in the next day, and we had to get up at 2 AM and go to work. 

I mentioned the trouble I had, resisting temptation.  I really wanted to make a lot of noise when I got up, and disturb him.  I didn't, though. 

I wanted to.  Thought about it. 

So you can imagine how I felt when one of the other neighbors (the red pickup at the end of the street, I think - because it was R&B and NOT Latino music) played music this morning.  It wasn't loud, it wasn't bassy, but it was heard and it was 3:45 AM.  I couldn't help but snicker as I heard the neighbor open his front door and stagger around before he threw something in the trash can (probably, like me, trying to locate the troublemaker while appearing to "run an errand").    He was clearly both sleep deprived and very groggy.  The music lasted a while yet, not bad, but present. 

I was lying in bed trying really hard not to snicker, thinking of the uproar next door.  I know God doesn't want me to be so gleeful; but it was very just. 

Of course it meant I was shorted on my sleep but I thought it was worth it. 

I got up and took my shower, did my God Time.  Breakfast and ONE antidepressant (I took the other one later) because they make me stupid and I need some brains today. 

We went to Walmart.  I had 20 minutes.  In that time, I managed to do my bank deposit, get Color Oops hair color remover, select my groceries, get cup-a-noodles for work, find Ron's jerky, and check out. 

Ron was highly impressed. 

I plan to use the color remover tomorrow to strip the henna.  I am sick of the color.  Yes, I plan to do a strand test. 

Worst case, I'd cut it.  The other two times I grew my hair out, I cut it when it got about this length. 

Well, I took a little piece to do my strand test.  I did that and I also swabbed an elbow for the allergy test. 

We got home and I put away the milk and yogurt. 

Now, off to the warehouse.  We got Lipton and snacks. 

We got to work.  I found Snack 2, my favorite, dead.  That sucked.  Since the machine is so old odds are they will not be able to fix it.  I'll need to get a new machine. 

I also found the coffee machine in full blown shenanigans.  [sigh]  If we didn't need a repairman before, we sure did now! 

Even my label gun!  

I did stock what I could, but I mainly focused on programming the bottled vendor.  The goal: $1 shelf, three $1.10 shelves, $1 shelf.  I couldn't get the shelf programming to work, though.

The repairman walked me through it, enough to program selections.  I did that x 45 selections and got it done.  It doesn't really matter how I paint the house, as long as I change the color. 

Done.  I told God, though, I'd give Him the credit. 

Then I handwrote labels for the pastry, and stocked them into the working machines.  I put out some frozen burritos, too.  I helped Ron stock sodas.  It was very busy. 

Our ride was an hour late, had a ton of incomprehensible excuses, and even said she saw me waving every time she drove past!  AGH! 

I had one of those "God please put Your words in my mouth 'cause I don't want to shame You" moments.  He respected that. 

At the end of it all she thought we were nice and even accepted a Bible.  I guess I did OK thanks to God. 

Finally, home, it's so late everyone's home before us.  I know someone next door is going to bed early tonight. 

I just hope, HOPE, he has learned that everyone has a different schedule, and it's important for us to respect each other. 

No comments: