Sunday, November 1, 2015

Teachable

We had a productive candy handout, about 100 bags. 

Which means "I" did about 200 Scripture items this past week.  Not bad.  I'm glad God can use me. 

I did find it funny, I forget if I mentioned it, but when I was doing the Bible Handout I kept encountering naysayers, who wanted Bibles. 

"I bet you're not doing very well today"
"How many have you handed out?" 

That's a first.  I told them and they were shocked.  I gave them their Bibles and they drove away.   Usually they just laugh at me. 

Funny to think, I have never driven away from anything.  Walked, yes.  Rode the bus, yes.  Driven?  No. 

It just isn't in my hardware. 

I can honestly say I am not really bitter about that.  I find it very limiting at times, like when we were looking at houses.  But I don't have any expenses, either.  I have never paid for a fill up (on my car), an oil change, or a repair. 

Anyway, we did that, turned our clocks back (stupid concept) and went to bed.  I'd programmed my alarm but forgot to set it. 

I woke up, on my own, with a headache.  A bad one.  I took some pain reliever and went back to sleep.  I woke up again and checked the time.  Oops. 

No time for a shower or God either.  Sorry, Lord (I got Him later, at least). 

I got dressed and we went to work.  We had planned, as it turns out, more time than we needed, but that's fine by me.  I'd rather have more time, than less. 

How many blogs have shared my extreme frustration, at not being able to do my work, and help Ron, in the time allotted?  I'm glad he's teachable. 

I've determined my anxiety is related to aspartame consumption.  It's there already, but a lot of aspartame makes it worse.  4 cans of Diet Soda, or a Crystal Light, will not affect me negatively.  More, will. 

I like to think I'm teachable, too. 

Autocorrect makes me look like a genius. 

Anyway, I had time to actually sit and read my book.  It was nice, even if Ron kept "bugging" me. 

It was raining when we left, but I'd brought umbrellas.  We used those while we waited.  The driver was very confused about the pickup, but he turned out to be a nice guy.  He offered to teach me bad words in Hindi, if I wanted.  [laugh]  I declined. 

We just have that kind of effect, on drivers. 

Ron witnessed to both drivers, and gave them tracts, winning big "man" points in my ledger. 

We came home, I ate, took my meds, and a nap.  I had a good nap for a change, a nice long one - 2 hours.  The rain helped. 

While Houston has had some severe weather, we were fine.  I'm sure the victims of the more dramatic trials would love your prayers, though.  One mobile home park was pretty much destroyed. 

That kind of eliminated any latent desire I had to live in a mobile home.  My house is fine.  In all respects. 

I called Dad, not expecting a reply, because the zombie show is on.  I know better than to compete with the zombies. 

I am, after all, teachable. 

No comments: