Sunday, November 29, 2015

They'd probably stone you.

I don't know about you, but when someone wants me to like someone - desperately wants me to do so, I tend to put my hackles up.  I approach the meetings with resentment and trepidation.  I resist, firmly, the "You have to like them you're going to be such good friends". 

The last time it happened, I didn't like the person on first meeting, but tried to give them a chance.  In the course of our very brief interaction, I shared some mildly personal information and tried to be sympathetic to their plight. 

Subsequent events over the next few days confirmed my suspicion that said person was a drama-seeker.  They, in fact, kept trying to suck me into their dramas.  I was pretty upset.  I don't know you, I have my own problems.  I'm not going to nursemaid you.  I don't care.  The issues they had were fairly typical for someone of their age, but try to tell them that. 

At the time I felt I had much larger issues, I sure didn't have any energy or empathy left over for petty stuff. 

Our driver will often talk about introducing us to his women and I always think that will end badly, but he never does. 

If you want me to like someone (not that many do), introduce me and let them make an impression.  Either I'll like them, or I won't, but let me draw my own conclusions based on their behavior. 

I am sick of the media and their muslim apologists.  They keep trying to present the muslim as a tragic, persecuted, victim.  There's a story every day. 

My experience of islam can be more accurately defined by my best friend's abusive father.  By the driver who literally threw Ron's wheelchair in the driveway, having a tantrum because I chose to ride in the front seat (first come, first served, per transit policies) and refused to stay where he put me after he moved my purse.  Courteous men of any nationality know: you don't move a strange woman's purse unless she hands it to you and makes a request.   You certainly don't throw someone's wheelchair in the driveway, for any provocation.  I believe he was fired for that. 

I have had many other experiences.  You may not know, but many muslim men become cab drivers in Houston.  Most of them have been rude, haughty, and impatient.  I didn't feel safe riding with them, either. 

You're not impressing me with your behavior.  So, in my experience, muslim men have been tyrannical control freaks.  Ron was witnessing to one, a "nice" guy, lately, an "apostate" no less, the man got upset because Ron was talking about Jesus, and shouted at him to stop.  Ron's kind of unstoppable when he gets going. 

The atheists, agnostics, and backslidden Christians couldn't care less when Ron gets going.  They usually laugh at him, or ask a few questions to see just how crazy he runs. 

The other problem, as I see it: freedom of religion.  That means I am free to worship as I choose.  I can do my God Time at home or have it in the park.  I can hand out Bibles, or donate to a ministry that does so.  All those mysterious "new" women in the getup (veiled and robed) at my local  Walmart are free to prance around in America, speaking Arabic and wearing their tents.  America's a tolerant society. 

However, the muslim culture is not:
Qur'an 2:191-193,

"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...

"...but if they desist, then lo! allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with allah] and worship is for allah alone."

Abdullah Yusuf Ali,
The Holy Qur'an (1934):
"But when the forbidden months are past,
then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them,
and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war);
but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them:
for allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

What are my duties as a Christian?  I'm supposed to love them, pray for them.  Do good for them when I can (but not in a way that supports, I believe, islam).  As a Christian, a muslim is free to live in my country as long as they are a contributing member of society.  Don't steal, don't murder, don't beat your wife or butcher your little girls.  We don't charge special taxes for those of other faiths.  However, in islam, a Jew or Christian must pay 50% of their wages to islam, in order to remain alive and unmolested.  That's just the last sentence covered. 

I think the "kill everyone, in any way possible" sentence is pretty clear. 

I spoke to a Christian woman from Sudan.  We were talking about the Bible Handouts and she said they'd never be permitted "back home".  "Because I hand out Bibles?" I asked. 

"Well, that" she said "And I can see your legs."  I was wearing very modest Bermuda shorts, covering me to the knee.  They were loose fitting, at that.  "They'd probably stone you." 

That pretty much said it all, to me. 

No comments: