Monday, November 30, 2015

A look in my belly

OK, what do we eat? 

1.  Richards Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.  It's about $3.50 for one serving, but you can stretch it to two if you have a salad and make more rice. 

2.  Savoie's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.  If you are in Houston they have these at the Walters and 1960 Walmart.  Same price. 

3.  Ron likes Nighthawk TV Dinner - Top Chop't - it has a steak patty, sauce, mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon on top.  That's about $2 -$2.50. 

4.  I like Banquet pot pies.  They nuke easy and agree with my lithium.  The beef is very beefy.  I like Beef, or Turkey flavors. 

5.  I also like "The Greek Gods" greek yogurt.  It is full fat and the Honey flavor is sweet, but not overly so.  Agrees with the lithium. 

6.  If I'm in a cooking mood, the Asian porridges are great - they have combinations of whole grains and some beans, I just soak it and cook it in my rice pot.  I buy them at Asian grocery stores with "funny" names. 

7.  I am also a huge fan of the $1 double cheeseburger.  They agree with the lithium. 

8.  Ron used to love Stouffer's Lasagna, but he hasn't had it in a while. 

9.  On rare occasion, I like fish sticks, but they can be iffy with the lithium, which is probably why I don't eat them more often. 

10.  Tuna salad.  I make it simply, with just drained tuna, real mayo, and a little lemon pepper. 

11.  Love to eat, hate to make: grilled cheese, pancakes.  Not at the same time. 

12.  Green salads make me violently ill if eaten anywhere near my lithium, no matter what else I consume. 

13.  However fruit salads are OK so I have been eating more of them.  I want to eat a variety of foods. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks heather this really helps!