Monday, November 23, 2015

Kick it!

I woke up at 3 AM, with a migraine, and went to work.  Our driver picked up another employee at our facility, on the way.  I didn't like him much. 

1.  Greeted me with "I know where you live now".  Dispatch apparently told him our location when he called to check on the ride. 
2.  Throughout the day, I kept running into him, the man had NO concept of personal space.  At least as applied to me.  He stayed at a normal distance from the other vendors (men), but stood very close to me, within 6 inches.  I had to keep moving away, and we had plenty of space. 

Do I think he was "into" me?  No.  With one exception (when my breasts got dramatically larger after Doc increased my antipsychotic, one guy was gaping a bit), I have never really felt the other guys at work were inappropriate.  I did have to ask someone's friend to explain "personal space" "before I made a complaint".  The friend did so and everything remained genial. 

The guy seems normal and is still working at the facility, so I assume he had a stroke, which caused some brain damage, which causes the inappropriate behavior.  But I really hate accommodating weird people.  I have enough weird in my life already! 

Certain jobs, however, attract special people.  Me, for instance, so I can't really complain. 

The other vendor kept asking very personal financial questions and trying to tell me I "had" to apply for disability.  I feel fine admitting I make about the income limit for someone on disability, so I wouldn't qualify.  I told him that.  He basically said to work the numbers so I would. 

Not real keen on that.  There's someone out there who really needs it.  Ron takes care of me. 

Now, if Ron died, and I felt God was leading me to do it, I would apply, but the requirements are pretty stringent.  Basically, all told, you cannot make more than a thousand dollars a month, plus the $700 payment.  So, I'm limited to $1700 a month.   Now, Ron has a policy that is supposed to pay off the house.  If that happened, I would need about $1200 to cover expenses.  I could JUST cover expenses with a small emergency hedge. 

If the policy didn't pay, I would need about $1600 to cover expenses, which would make living-on-disability really tight. 

Or I could just work like you do and make what I make.  I'd rather do the latter. 

There's a Bible verse in Psalm 37,
I have never seen the righteous forsaken, or his children begging bread. 

The nice thing about my life, I've already been through hell.  Facing eviction?  Been there.  Laid off with loved one in ICU?  Done that, facing eviction no less.  Unemployed and living on my last $20?  Yup.  Fired right before Christmas?  Not a good memory.  1997.

God sustained me through all of it.  Things have been so bad, at times, for example, my bathroom wall falling in... that I couldn't see how He could fix it, but He did.  God is there. 

The road may not be pretty, or fun, or pleasant, but there's an end to the road and it's a better place.  A place of safety and security if nothing else. 

So, I don't worry about getting disability.  In fact, according to Social Security regulations, I am NOT disabled, because I can make what I do.  That's a very pleasant thought. 

Needless to say, the anxiety has been a little better lately. 

I was really happy to see my favorite deliveryman from Dr Pepper.  I like him a lot. 

I would hope, when I die, my service providers will say that I was always kind, and treated them with respect and appreciation.  I would be very upset if they didn't.  I don't talk about some things, I figure God will "out" them at the proper time if He feels the need.  But I do like to think of myself as a kind and appreciative person. 

Unless you are Weird Guy on paratransit.  [snort]

I got my other delivery - we only got a half order of sandwiches.  I figure with Thanksgiving, and slower sandwich sales, we might as well.  Sales should skyrocket the next week or so, but not this one. 

Chips, pastry - pastry!  They are insane for pastry, I can't keep up.  Cookies and all remain steady.  So they like what I'm putting out. 

Oh, funny: Today at work a customer came to me with a mock complaint, because I'm the only one who sells the item she likes.  I bent over, stuck my butt out, and slapped it.  "Go on!" I encouraged her "Kick it!"  She looked at me and laughed.  "Come on!" I incited "You know you want to do it!"  We had a good laugh. 

I think, hope, pray, I might finally be getting manic.  God knows I deserve a small, well-managed one. 

Today's headache was horrific.  I got everything done and we came home. 

I managed to get a nap, the kids in #6 woke me up, playing in the yard.  That's why people live in the country.  Well, those who can. 

I did some organizing, ate a small bag of pretzels.  I am always craving salt.  I should probably put some salt tablets into my pills-of-the-week. 

That, and get some more tablets!   I kept eating painkillers today, I worry I am damaging my body, but all my blood test numbers come back fine. 

You can bet I am getting plenty of Vitamin C, though. 





No comments: