Saturday, June 16, 2012

Low Carb Favorite Things

I started Atkins Induction, mostly.  I am still drinking some diet soda.

Today, I got the usual induction headache.  Which got me thinking how much I love my headache pills.    I had some great salad dressing today, with my lunch, and I thought "I need to do another Favorite Things post".

So, here it is.

1.  Found at Walmart:  "Equate" brand, "Extra Strength Headache Relief Tablets".  200 tablets for $4.  They work great and don't upset my stomach.

2.  Also found at Walmart:  "Cabot Farms Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese".  I can get a nice 8-ounce block for a few dollars.  I love extra-sharp cheese.  Sadly, I forgot to get it Friday.  [sad face]  I could really go for a little right now.

3.  Walmart:  "Ken's Buttermilk Ranch" salad dressing.  I forget the price.  It is really decadent, creamy, and only 1 carb per serving.  I love to use it with:

4.  Walmart:  Sugar Snap Peas.  I grow these myself, in the winter.  They're delicious and crunchy.  While they're green, they don't "taste" it.  They have a nice sweet flavor and tasty crunch.  I like to eat them raw, with the ranch dressing.  I dunk them.

5.  Premixed salad greens.  I hate cleaning and shredding my own greens.  I prefer a nice bitter mix, but Ron doesn't like bitter greens.  I usually get a "romaine mix" - I want a lot of dark green leaves in my salad mix.

6.  Tuna, mayo, and dill pickle relish.  I'll probably be eating that for dinner.  It's too hot to cook, and I can use the fish oils.


No comments: