Friday, June 8, 2012

I've been cheating on you!

Low energy level.  


Today I asked Ron if it was worth it (no, I'm not really depressed but I was just wondering if life, at a very low energy level, was worth the trade-off for a stable mood).  


I don't care how motivated I am, the thought will come to mind, on occasion.  Ron was adamant, absolutely.  It is absolutely worth it.  Quality is better than quantity.  


OK.  I needed to hear that.  


I was pretty happy I got some laundry done, cleaned out the fridge, etc.  After I got up from my nap I did some writing.  


I don't know if I've told you, but I'm working on our story, Ron's and mine.  My end of things is pretty hard.  No matter how I dress it up, some awful things were done to me.  I'd rather forget the first half of my life altogether, except for getting saved.  


Anyway, I feel this is something God wants me to do, so I'm doing it.  


Here's a bite:  
"“Be like a rubber ball” Ron’s mother told him “They may knock you down but you’ll always bounce back up.”  Ron learned to be a manipulator and extort what he wanted from everyone he met.  These are his words, not mine.  “What I wanted, I got... most of the time”.  
Ron loved to play with a large glass jar, full of rice, his mother kept under the sink.  Ron loved touching things, and loved the sensation of the rice grains flowing through his fingers.  He’d sneak under the sink every chance he got, to play with the rice.  
Sensory therapists actually encourage activities, like that, for sensory impaired children.  
Ron was playing with the rice one day when his mother was on the phone.  “Wait a minute’ she said “Ron’s too quiet.  Ronald!  What are you doing?”  
“Nothing!” Ron shouted as he yanked his arm out of the big glass crock.  CRASH!  Oops.  Ron had caught the edge and knocked it down on the floor.  A shower of rice and broken glass rained down onto the floor.  
“They were a poor family” Ron says  “That was food for the week!”  They ate rice at every meal, even rice, milk, and sugar, for breakfast.  
Ron fled in terror, knowing he was going to get it, and good.  He hid himself under a pile of wood in the back corner of the yard.  At first, his angry mother searched the yard and interrogated the neighbors.  “Have you seen Ronald?”, standing, right outside his hiding place.  
Her anger turned to alarm and she confided she “Had to call my husband” off the job.  They’d lose money doing this, but they had to find “Little Blind Ronald”.  Or, as Ron says, the little blind bastard.  
Ron realized he was screwed."

I haven't forgotten about "Broken", either.  I have an interesting plot twist in the works.  



No comments: