Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Do you?"

I always want the bad news first.

I was pissed when I came home, and found my neighbor (the one who trashed my siding)'s contractor leaning against my house, with his foot up on the siding.  He saw us and moved over against my garage  and squatted against it as he talked on the phone.  Rude, rude, rude.  I had only taken one lithium at the point so I went in the house.  The cat went out and apparently spooked the guy, who left.  [snicker]

Hours later, we are at McDonald's waiting on our ride.  I actually SEE our driver go past.  We wait and wait.  We call.  They say he's at the grocery store a mile up the road, and is coming right to us when he does the pickup.  We wait and wait.  We call again, same story, right up the road.  We keep calling, and getting the same story.  An HOUR later, Ron calls the head of the program and suddenly the driver shows up.

All drivers, especially in the rain, just pull up so the passenger can get in.  It is also WELL known to all the drivers that Ron sits in the rear passenger seat.  Anyway, this guy pulls up, about 20 yards past where I'm standing.  It's a guy who knows us.  He knows Ron has a lot of pain walking.

I go inside and get Ron "Looks like we'll have to hike a little."  I take him out.  The driver has pulled up, and is slowly maneuvering back and forth for some odd reason.  If we wait for him to do whatever he's doing, we will both be drenched and Ron's feet will be screaming.   I take Ron up to the side of the vehicle and get in the front passenger seat.

The driver yells Ron can't get in.  He'd put groceries in the back passenger seat; knowing, like I said, that Ron ALWAYS sits there.  Ron says "I'm getting in" as the driver pulls them away (I believe they were personal groceries, for the driver).  The driver: "OH, that's not cool."

"So, Ron should just get soaked waiting for you to move them?  Took you a while go get here from the grocery store."

He tried to tell us he wasn't there, when he's holding an armload of groceries.  Then the client in the back starts up.

Some of the older women have no boundaries.  "Do you work?"  I was shocked.  "What?"

"Do you work?  I never see you at work."  Ron told her yes, we did.

I was furious.  One, it's not her business.  Second, it's inappropriate to ask questions like that.   She knew better.  I can tell if someone has dementia issues. So, I turned it around.

"Do YOU work?"  She shut up.  She had some little "conspiracy" thing going with the driver.  She may have been trying to distract us.  I think the driver was doing his own shopping at the store, while giving the other client more time to do her own shopping.

When Ron asked him why he was over an hour late, he couldn't explain it.  He couldn't explain why he was at the grocery store for an hour when he was supposed to be taking us home.

When a driver gets an "extra trip" - which is just what you think; they will tell us, indignantly.  "I had to pick up someone from the airport and take them to Sharpstown!"  They ALWAYS want to tell us all about the horrible extra trips they got and how dispatch is abusing them.  Or, "My client had a seizure and I had to wait for the paramedics", "My client peed all over the front seat and I had to clean it up."

This guy just made very vague excuses, and he had several bags of personal groceries.  Oh, I was furious.  However, since Ron got the big boss involved, AND the cabs have GPS locaters, he's got some explaining to do.

He had a big, ugly, attitude, and I was happy to get out of the vehicle.  That nosy client wasn't much better.  I don't mind making conversation, but I hate it when people "get in my business".  It was clear she just wanted the information so she could gossip.  Some people actually ask us how much money we make!  I hate gossips.  Ugh.

Yes, I gossip, and yes, I am working on it.

Turning it around on her seemed to work very well.  If you won't answer your own intrusive questions...

I'm going to remember that trick.

That said, let's focus on the better end of my day.

I had a little trouble sleeping last night, and overslept.  We went to the warehouse store and got some candy, then took it to work and stocked it.  I was glad we'd stocked, I saw the plant manager.  He's a nice guy, I like him.

I woke up pretty depressed actually, which is unusual for me.  I am an atypical depressive, worse in the evening.  One reason I'm kind of gloomy today, that and the rain.

We finished up and came home, then went to McDonald's.  I like a Dollar Store nearby, they have some good health and beauty products.  I was very happy to find more rose-scented soap, some lavender soap, and some really nicely scented rose lotion.  I was just wanting that, the other day, when I shaved my legs.  My legs were dry and I thought, "It would be so nice to slather some rose lotion on my legs".  I also got some new razors (need them), and shaving cream (to help with the dryness)

I even found Ron a pair of earbuds he loves.  We plan to get him some more.

I left Ron at the McDonald's while I shopped, then came back.  Then we had the trip I won't talk about and we're home now.

We have tomorrow off, I plan to go to Walmart.  We need a few things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try hair conditioner ( the dollar store kind is great) for shaving your legs
Moisturizer nicely