Monday, June 25, 2012

Let's hear it for Atkins

I worry about pride.  If you're a regular you've heard that before.

It's kind of odd; if I worry about pride, enough, will that make me humble?  I try to avoid things that inflate my pride, like looking at my statistics.

However, before I started typing I had to wonder "Is anyone even reading this?"  So, I looked at the statistics.  110+ hits in two days says "Yes".

I drank a soda pretty late yesterday.  It kept me up most of last night.  I asked God to give me a good quality of sleep, and He did.

4:30 AM found Ron and I, walking in the door at work.  We had two deliveries.  One came around 8 AM (but could have been there at 5) and the other came at 9.  Ah.  At any rate, we were able to check and stock all machines.

I'm glad we got rid of the tacos.  They weren't doing very well, I had to throw some out today.  I also need more snack items.  Candy and crackers are OK.

We did need to stock several cases of soda.  The $1 bottled sodas are tremendously popular, we can hardly keep them stocked.  Getting them involves a little heavy lifting on my part.

Speaking of heavy, Ron made a comment this morning.  He had put his arm around my waist and it's not very slim.  He made a comment he shouldn't have, and I requested he file this: do not compare me to other women, especially your ex girlfriend.

Yes, she was very thin, but she became a crackhead, so look how that turned out.  I met her once.  I thanked her for leaving him, so he could meet me.  [snicker]

So, we did it all with that one little bump.  I was brooding about it a little, and reminded myself "I did not sleep well last night.  If I'm still upset about this tomorrow I can bring it up again."

Of course, after the rest of my lithium (taken at lunch), a good meal, and a nap, I could care less.  Ron does have brain damage and the comment just proved his filter is broken.  What he thinks tends to come straight out, without moderation.  It's a mixed blessing.

I had some backstabbers in my life, who were very good at "fronting" a different persona.  I'd rather have Ron, blunt to a fault, but 100% him all the time.  He has no guile, I value that.

So, work is over.  We went home.  I got my snack and a nap.  I woke up and thought "I have about 4 hours before I need to go back to bed.  What do I want to do?"

I thought about a workout, logistics, and decided I'd finish my God Time (always the #1 priority) and then my workout.  I finished my God Time, and did the workout.

I started out on the step, remember those plastic steps?  Mine's always worked well for me.  It's easy, simple (I just go up and down).  I am tremendously uncoordinated, so I don't do any footwork or arms. Trust me, getting 230 pounds up and down off that thing got my heart rate up in no time!

My knee started to twinge a little, so I got on the exercise bike (Ron got it for me several years ago).  20  minutes later, all done with my cardio.  I saw a dumbbell and thought, "I can bring in my dumbbells" (It's about 105 outside, and probably even more in the garage with the weights).  I brought in the 10's, and the 20's.

I did some overhead presses, squats, and dead-lifts with the dumbbells, good workout, really hit everything I want to firm up (this is in addition to my stocking at work).  I stored them over by the bike.  I will continue to work out in the house until it cools off.

I went, checked the mail, nothing fun.  Just some books for Ron.

Now I'm off to make my dinner.  Ron's giving me some rides tomorrow, but we're leaving early.  We want to beat the heat and get better trips, too.

I'm impressed; I really have a lot of energy today, and my mood's great.  Let's hear it for Atkins.

No comments: