Tuesday, June 19, 2012

God doesn't want me to be a hater.

I had a pretty tough day, for a day off.

First, though, let me back track a little.  Sunday I went to church, got some baked goods, and put them in with scripture booklets (baked good in a baggie, double bagged into another baggie with booklet).  They have been HUGELY popular.  I'm down to my last package of cookies.

I didn't even eat them.  Happily, God has turned my 2 weaknesses (chocolate and peanuts) into migraine triggers.  The last time I ate peanuts, I vomited for 2 days straight.  I won't be doing that again for a very long time.  The recipients loved them.

Monday we went to work, got it done.  The deliveryman was late, and Ron was a little frustrated.  I told Ron "Everyone on his route is yelling at him right now.  He knows he is late, he doesn't need us to tell him that."  I also, privately, thought, I want to be a "good" stop.

So, when he did show up, very apologetic, he got cookies, and a soda.  God does not want me to be a hater.

After work, Ron was happy to provide me with a ride to Whole Foods.  They are not close.

I was a little worried, I forgot my money and my lunch.  Ron "loaned" me $20, but then said I could keep it AND paid for everything himself.  That was very sweet.

I got a seafood cioppino.  I think that's how you spell it.  Basically a tomato/seafood stew, with fish and clams.  It was very good, and I dropped a pound and a half last night, so it was low carb.

I also got some natural deodorant.  I don't like the gel, or "white stick" types.  I am a big fan of my Arm & Hammer Naturals, but it only comes in one fragrance, "herbal".  Herbal is nice, but not every day.

I may not have shared this, I am a huge fan of rose fragrance.  I wear Tea Rose perfume.  I wanted something that would harmonize.

At the time, I was a little manic so shopping was a lot of fun.  We took the wheelchair so I pushed Ron around the store.  He had fun getting bulk nuts and trail mixes (all of which contained either a very spicy content, peanuts, or both - you couldn't pay me to eat it).  He had a lot of fun mixing the various items and formulating his own mix.

I was really happy to see him eating roasted pumpkin seeds.  I will not tell him they're healthy.

So, I got some stew, a zevia soda, a little bit of roasted pumpkin seed, some soy nuts (for later), a crystal deodorant, and a Tom's of Maine Honeysuckle Rose deodorant.  We came home, took a nap, and then I cleaned up the front room and packaged up Dad's goodie box.

When they get it, I'll tell you what I mailed.  I am bookmarked (wink).

We had today off.  I started off by testing my new deodorant.  One under one arm, one under the other. If I had a "failure" I didn't want it at work.

They both performed well.  I can still smell a little fragrance from the Tom's.

You can image what the weather's like in Texas - hot and muggy.  I was exerting myself, too.  If it holds up to this, I'm good.

Ron went to a fast food place near the Post Office.  I took the box and walked.  I also had a completed A1C blood test (I want a baseline for my start).  Of course it rained, but I brought a garbage bag.

It was really quiet at the Post Office, and I was seen quickly.  I got it shipped, went back to Ron, and we came home.

I was pretty wiped out, so I took a nap.  The cat joined me.

I had a post-traumatic nightmare.  I thought I was done with them, but I'm not.

I guess certain events may very well haunt me until God takes me home.  I just felt so powerless.

Ron had to talk to me about lucid dreaming.  When we first married, my nightmares woke him up.  So, at some point, I realize, this is a dream, and tell the bad people I'm leaving.  Then I wake up or shift to another dream.

I hate feeling powerless.  When I woke up, I was depressed, too.  Ugh.  Hard not to think about the past, after a nightmare like that.  I forgave them, they apologized, but the damage lives on.

But God doesn't want me to be a hater, so I won't.  I just need to put it back in the past and move on.

No comments: