Sunday, June 17, 2012

Loser!

I've already lost an inch and a half off my waist, half an inch off my hips, and half a pound on the scale.  Not bad!  

The herbal migrane preventers (Swanson brand, feverfew and butterbur) have worked very well.  I have dull headaches, well managed by my generic headache tablets.  

Yesterday I worked in the garden, in shifts (can't get overheated, could have a seizure and die!), for over an hour, so I got some cardio and weights.  I am a little sore today, enough to let me know I did some good.  

About the only bad thing:  I have a horrible, onion flavor.  Well, no one's taken a bite, but my mouth tastes like onions, constantly.  I've never had this before.  

I've had bad flavors in my mouth due to lithium.  Bad flavors due to Haldol.  Dry mouth due to everything.  

Lowcarbing, and taking other medications, I had a bad, sticky flavor.  I have to assume the onions are a combined side effect of medication and ketosis.  

I will say, I'm diligent about drinking my water, trying to wash it away.  Yes, you read that right.  The woman who drinks a gallon of diet soda a day, on a "good" day, is actually drinking a couple quarts of plain water, every day.  

No wonder I'm losing.  

I think, for the first month, I'll weigh daily.  Then go to twice a week.  I don't think it's a good idea, for me, to weigh daily in the long-term.  

I was glad I had measured and all when I got to church today: bake sale.  The youth group are getting ready for a mission trip.  

They had all kinds of delicious treats.  I decided to buy some (wait before you get mad) and put them in the Bibles I hand out.  The treats are all zip locked.  Now I can put the cookies/brownie, whatever, into the bag along with the Bible.  

Oh, and I got an apprentice today.  He wants to help with the handouts!  Awesome!  

I love finding a church, where, when they find out about the Bible Handouts, they say "Cool" and "How can I help" instead of looking at me like a giant roach, and running away.  I found the message very meaningful, and two people got saved.  

I thought it was so awesome, seeing the pastor run back to them at the end of the service.  

1 comment:

AuntieP said...

Proud of you for being such a "loser"! haha and love you -