Monday, March 26, 2012

"Why I was an Atheist" - Ron tract

I'm guessing that the average person doesn't believe in God, because:
They would have to make a change, in what they do, say, and think!  Who wants to!
I basically like who I am, because I'm not that bad!
Also, I don't like anyone telling me how to think, and what to say, and not say!
What do I get if I believe in God?
Evil people are all around me, and they seem to be doing just fine!
Revelation 21-4 says we will live forever, in a beautiful place, with no more pain, tears, or suffering!
Sounds good to me, what about you!  Great trade!
Let's be blunt!  He created sex and the orgasm, but He wants us to have them under certain conditions, to protect our health and safety!
Do you wanna hurt and be sad?  No!
How about a world with no money or endless, unpayable bills!
What profit does one have, if he has a billion dollars, but can't get out of his hospital bed!
What if you have all the money in the world, but you're extremely sick all the time!
We really think we don't need Him, until we die, then suddenly, we find out we're going to Heaven or Hell!
Where do you want to go?
John 3-16 says, He gave His son, as our whipping boy, so that whoever believes in Jesus, will have eternal life, and never die!
When do you want your life battery to burn out?  Pick a day!  You can't!
Can you add one hair to your head, or one day to your life?  He can!
It scares us to know He has such power!  When it comes to human beings,
power corrupts!  And absolute power corrupts absolutely 
We're not use to anyone being good with a lot of power!
They're usually very corrupt.  Look at some of our politicians!
Don't we hate crooked cops and teachers?
They can negatively affect our wallets, and our earning abilities!
Do you like getting a ticket or grade you didn't deserve?  Of course not!
The great philosopher,Pascal, says if you think there's a God, and you find out you were wrong,
then hopefully, you've lived a better life!
But if you believe He doesn't exist, and find out later that you were wrong,
well, now it's too late to do anything about it!
Wouldn't you be mad to find out He wanted to give you a wallet that never ran out of money, no matter how much you spent?
So, ask Jesus for forgiveness, for all your bad thoughts and actions and deeds, then try and follow the one major commandment,
Love God and what He stands for, and then love your neighbor as yourself!
I think that's one of the hardest rules to follow!
Also, love your enemies!  That's another hard one, but if we are kind to a person who deserves our hatred,
but we give him love instead, then he might wonder why!
Then, you can share your faith with him, and maybe you can save his sorry butt!  Just kidding!
Jesus said He's not returning to Earth until everybody's had a chance to accept or reject Him!
Please make the smart choice, otherwise, I, and a lot of others, will miss you!
I used to be a complete atheist, but if He can save me, a perfect sinner, then He can save anybody!
Before I met my wonderful wife, I used to be a very bad boy!
I used to say, if I'm gonna go to Hell, then, I wanna go first-class!
I heard it stupidly said, I'd rather rule in Hell, than serve in Heaven!
Last I heard, Satan isn't sharing his power with anyone!
So make a good decision!  Where do you want to go in THE END!
Ask Him for help, because it is through His actions, that we are saved, not our own!
I've heard it said that our best deeds are like dirty diapers!
So, you can't earn your way to Heaven.  It is through Him only!  He's the only door!
Just accept His undeserved gift and let Him save you!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Heather Knits said...

Ron doesn't even know about the dialogue here. He wrote this to hand out to everyone like I do, with the Bibles. He gives them to everyone, "Crazy Blind Man Speech" he calls it.

He really did used to be an atheist, lived a very immoral life by any standards.

I am vain enough to appreciate his line about his "wonderful" wife. [grin]